What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages in iOS 9

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trying to send a Pages document as a Word Doc. This worked in the past but now hangs up trying to convert to Word. Convert to PDF just fine. Is it just me ot is it iOS 9??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well that's annoying. It's not working on my iPad either. Just starts and never finishes; though at least I can cancel it, most of the time.

I was just considering working on a Word document in Pages, because I'm more familiar with the app. I guess I'll use the Word app after all. I signed up for a free Microsoft account today, because I wanted to see how that document would look.

The iWorks apps were last updated 15 Sept, just days before the iOS 9 release. I'd have expected them to be iOS 9 ready; though to be fair nothing in the release notes says they are. And they don't show up in the slide over (multitasking) panel; so maybe Apple's still working on them.

I'm going to test the conversion on the Mac and in iCloud.com, to see if you've got options. Back shortly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I managed exports using both Pages on the Mac, and in icloud.com.

Also, I left the iPad sitting there, hung up exporting, and eventually it finished. Now every file I try to export does so quickly. So, give it a try. Start an export and let the iPad sit for 5 minutes or so. Maybe it will straighten itself out like mine did.

Or maybe it was a matter of doing an export in icloud.com that fixed things. That might be worth trying as well. Though I can't think of why that would make a difference.

Good luck.

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet, will try both. I also find Red Laser won't work with bar codes any more, only QR codes. Another iOS 9 glitch?

YUP THAT DID IT . After delay on first conversion the second document worked as always. THANKS!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I'm wondering if Pages might be an example of the new, lighter, app approach; where apps don't download resources until they need them. A glitch or busy servers might cause this problem in that case.

That would be good news, bad news, good news. Good news that Apple is dog fooding it's own new App Store requirements/features. Bad news because it's not working as well as it should. Good news that because Apple is using it they are more likely to get it fixed quickly. They aren't always as motivated when third party apps are the ones suffering.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you again.

No idea about Red Laser. I haven't used that app in over a year.

Most reactions

Latest posts