What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages iClound and OpenOffice

SpiralPath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am a iPad newbie and am excited and confused at the same time. I would like to save text documents created with OpenOffice on a MacBook Pro to iCloud and then edit them on my iPad (with Pages) and then reverse the process - save Pages to iCloud and open on MacBook Pro in OpenOffice. BTW, I am upgrading to OS X Lion now.

Any help on how to do what I am attempting would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you could probably do that via iTunes... If you look at your iPad settings, on the apps tab, the bottom section should allow you to add documents to your Pages app, which should appear on your iPad when you next sync. Similarly, anything you do on your iPad will appear for download from the same location. That doesn't use iCloud as such, but the result is the same. iCloud is not like Dropbox or the old iDisk.... you can't (out the box) do direct file system access (though there may well be an app for that), and as far as I know, Open Office can't save directly to it, yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts