What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages Documents Access Problems with iCloud

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having a problem accessing my documents in Pages. After switching to iCloud for backup purposes, when I open Pages, half of the documents are displayed as black Pages icons and half are perpetually displayed as documents with the right corner folded indicating they are in a state of being backed up to iCloud.

I can't open any of these documents. Pages is fast becoming completely unusable because I no longer have instant access to my Pages documents.

When I try opening documents that have with the right corner folded, I get an error messages stating that the document is unavailable because I'm not connected to the Internet when I am.

I have tried turning off "Use cellular" in Settings, but this hasn't worked.

The only time I'm able to have partial access to my documents is when I physically close my MacBook Pro while I'm at home. However, while on the road, not even putting the iPad in Airplane mode solves the problem.

In Setting, should I turn "Documents & Data" off and then back on to solve this problem? I was tempted to to this but the warning stated that my data would be lost.

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I ended up going to an Apple Store and having to restore the system software and redownloading all apps and documents from iCloud. The entire redownload from iCloud took several days and I went back to the same store for a checkup a week later and there's only one document I still haven't been able to open, so I consider the problem solved.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same problem quite a while back now. I tried everything except a complete restore as you have done. I've pretty much given up on it and back up to my computer again and only use iCloud for calander and notes syncing.

When you did the restore, did it wipe out your docs stored on the iPad? I have several things stored I'm not too thrilled to make copies of.

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Husq250 said:
I had the same problem quite a while back now. I tried everything except a complete restore as you have done. I've pretty much given up on it and back up to my computer again and only use iCloud for calander and notes syncing.

When you did the restore, did it wipe out your docs stored on the iPad? I have several things stored I'm not too thrilled to make copies of.

I'm sorry my reply is so late. I've been buried in work and sick on and off for the past few weeks.

Everything was wiped and then redownloaded from iCloud. The process took several days.

Most reactions

Latest posts