What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages bug?

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just earlier today i noticed that pages has a bug, i'm not sure whether it's known or not since i couldn't find any reference or fix for it. If i write something while pages is running and then while the keyboard is still displayed i just out the ipad on standby as soon as i get it out of the atandby and i try to write something it doesn't display what i'm writing and/or shows a chequered screen so, no writings whatsoever, this problem only happens in pages and if i want to see what i wrote or was written before i need to quit pages from background and reopen it. Any way to fix it? Thanks very much.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Timey - your first option is to 'Force Close' the Pages app, i.e. press the 'Home Button' twice (or use multi-fingering gesturing - up swipe); the multitask bar will open at the bottom; locate the Pages icon, press & hold until the icons begin to jiggle; then press the minus sign on the Pages icon - return to the Home Screen & start Pages again - test for the same problem - let us know if this works; if not, a 'Restart' or 'Reset' might help - good luck! :)

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried to duplicate your condition and couldn't get Pages to hang. Are you using the latest IOS? I'm using 5.1 and the updated Pages app.

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried to duplicate your condition and couldn't get Pages to hang. Are you using the latest IOS? I'm using 5.1 and the updated Pages app.

I'm using ios 5.0.1 because i have an ipad 2 so can't update to ios 5.1, on my ipad 1 this problem never and has never happened unfortunately on the ipad 2 it does, it's not a really big problem as giradman said i only need to force close the app, is just very fristating and i was wondering if there was a way to solve it. I'm using the last pages app but not last ios. Any thoughts? Thanks for help.

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad2 as well. I upgraded to IOS 5.1 yesterday. The Pages app was also updated after the 5.1 update. I'm not sure why you say you can't update your iPad2. If you're using Pages version 1.6 and not IOS 5.1, that's probably the root of your problem.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm using ios 5.0.1 because i have an ipad 2 so can't update to ios 5.1, on my ipad 1 this problem never and has never happened unfortunately on the ipad 2 it does, it's not a really big problem as giradman said i only need to force close the app, is just very fristating and i was wondering if there was a way to solve it. I'm using the last pages app but not last ios. Any thoughts? Thanks for help.

Hi Timey - your response above is unclear, i.e. did you 'Force Close' the Pages App and then try to restart it? I'm assuming that you are on an iPad 2, so you should be able to update to the new iOS and the new Pages - so please clarify your response above - :)

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I apoloGize if my reply was unclear, i'm not english and technical terms come new to me. I'm currently jailbroken with my ipad 2 on 5.0.1 so updating isn't really an option sorry. If i force close the app as soon as this problem occurs then i'm able to write on pages again unfortunately if i dim the screen and then undim it the same problem occurs so i have to force close it again. Hope i've been clearer, thanks for help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I apoloGize if my reply was unclear, i'm not english and technical terms come new to me. I'm currently jailbroken with my ipad 2 on 5.0.1 so updating isn't really an option sorry. If i force close the app as soon as this problem occurs then i'm able to write on pages again unfortunately if i dim the screen and then undim it the same problem occurs so i have to force close it again. Hope i've been clearer, thanks for help.

No problem at all - just wanted all to clearly understand your situation - thanks for the additional information - :)

I do not have a JB iPad, so not sure if that is an issue; others with more experience in that area will hopefully 'chime in' to help!

If not already done, you may want to 'Restart' and if not effective, 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE, if needed - good luck.

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, guess i'll do that.

Most reactions

Latest posts