What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages app won't load documents from itunes

philjcoates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, I have documents I want to view on the ipad. they show in Paged Documents window on itunes. they don't show on the ipad. If I go to add them from itunes on the ipad, they appear in the list greyed out. They're word documents. I think I did once have them on the ipad somethings happened during recent updates

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A quick solution is to simply email them to yourself from your PC to your iPad. Not a pretty solution, but it's quick and painless...

Tim

OP
P

philjcoates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes... ugh..
would like to understand how to get the app to behave properly.. doesn't even seem to any way to delete the ghosts

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In order to use iTunes to copy documents to Pages you use the File Sharing feature. You have to have the iPad connected to the computer, but it is not necessary to do a sync. Files are added immediately.

The files are copied to the iPad but do not show up immediately in Pages. You still have to import them. You do this by using the + button to create a new document and choosing iTunes as the source. You'll see a list of documents that you can import. It is not necessary for the iPad to be plugged into the computer for this step.

Most reactions

Latest posts