What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages App Lost My Files

Ralderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All,

Sorry I am not getting the hang of iPad, yet. I downloaded about 50 files form my PC this morning using iTunes. In iTunes, I selected "Apps", then selected "Pages", then used the Add button to select files. The files were obviously being sent to the iPad, because it would "wake up" and say "synching" every time a file was selected.

However, when I open the Pages app, the files are nowhere to be found. The only document that shows is one that I created as a test document. What gives? Anyone have any ideas about how to find the files that I downloaded?

TIA,
Ralderson

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, just starting to use Pages & Keynote myself, so not an expert at this point, but first 'what' type (i.e. extension, such as .doc) of files did you try to load onto the iPad?

I just checked my version of Pages - and files can be added from that end via iTunes; so if the files are supported you might want to try that option? However, I would assume that compatible files could be transferred w/ either option - just curious, too - good luck! :)

OP
R

Ralderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giradman,

They were all Word documents. Most had .doc extension, but some had .docx.

Thanks,
Ralderson

Reaction score
If it is like syncing music and photos it will only sync the files selected in a folder. Before you sync double check that the test and your others are in the same folder and that that folder is selected.
Another reason I HATE I iTunes.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After you've copied the files to the iPad using iTunes each file still has to be imported. In the documents view tap the + icon at the top left. One of the options is iTunes. Tap that and you should see all the documents (if compatible) that you copied to the iPad (Using File Sharing). Syncing isn't necessary by the way. File sharing copies the files to the iPad immediately.

Tap on each file to import it into Pages. It is not necessary to be connected to iTunes at this stage. The files are on the iPad, they just have not been imported.

And no, I have no idea what arcane mysteries of software development made Apple decide to use this two step process.

Most reactions

Latest posts