What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages and Keynote Crashing on iPad 3

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These crash immediately upon opening. What gives?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried closing the apps and restarting/resetting your iPad?

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I powered the iPad on/off. It didn't help.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a brand new iPad 3 which has iOS 5.1 loaded. I have closed down both apps before restarting or resetting (what is resetting doing?). I'm doing the reset for a second time now.....wow...it's not helping...

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I deleted Pages and then reinstalled it. Now it works. I'm doing the same for Keynote now. Hopefully, the problem will be solved. Thanks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear that. I hesitate to start advising with deleting apps in general, to avoid risking people losing their data, but if that wasn't a prob for you, that's cool. In general, I'd back up data before deleting an app, but since yours weren't functioning, backing up wouldn't work.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't have any data that I cared about, but I do have two backups, one on my PC and another on iCloud.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now, iMovie won't load. What is going on?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't have any data that I cared about, but I do have two backups, one on my PC and another on iCloud.

I'm the belt and suspenders type with backups, too.

Don't know what's up with your apps on the new iPad, but if you have backups, sounds like trying deleting iMovie would be worth a shot.

Most reactions

Latest posts