What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages and email

Kiwiguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a Kiwi :D with a second iPad (2) and enjoying an aluminium (aluminum for North Americans) cased keyboard :ipad-keyboard: using Pages. I send reports in emails but can't from Pages. The emails just end up in the Outbox tray - no matter the form of the Pages document. Very frustrating :confused:. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Kiwiguy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you send mail from the Mail app itself?

It is possible your server does not like attachments. Try sending a pdf file from some other app like GoodReader and see if that works any better. Preferably one at least as big as the one you generated from Pages.

And just because you never know what it might cure, try a restart, and if that does not work a reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
K

Kiwiguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, twerppoet,

I had sent many other emails okay from two accounts (iPad shared with my wife). I downloaded GoodReader, immediately was able to open a PDF file I hadn't been able to prior, and tried sending an email from within Pages again and zoom, off it went. I had already done a restart and maybe that confounded the issue. So I don't really know what kicked Pages emailing into gear but it is working and I really appreciated your response.

I haven't emailed attachments using 3G yet, just wi-fi, but unless I post another problem it can be assumed that will have worked, too.

Cheers!

Kiwiguy

Most reactions

Latest posts