What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages and Dropbox

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen where people have been using Pages and Dropbox together, but on the Pages page in the app store, all the reviews say they need to integrate Dropbox functionality.
So I have to ask: how are you guys saving your Pages documents to Dropbox and how are you getting them from Dropbox to Pages?
Just wanted to make sure everything is all good before I go and buy it.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Pages and a free Dropbox subscription. Pages allows docs to be sent to WebDEV but doesn't show Dropbox as a destination. After some checking around I found DropDEV, a service that connects a WebDEV server to your Dropbox account. You need your Dropbox login info to set it up--took about 30 seconds to do it. Now in Pages I just choose Send to WebDEV and few seconds later the file is in my Dropbox. The DropDEV thing is free for now (up to 2 gigs usage); I don't know if the company will soon be asking me to subscribe or not. If so it'll be about US $3 a month, not bad if you really need that service.

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and you asked about importing to Pages from Dropbox. It works both ways without a hitch. In Pages press the download button and choose WebDEV as the source. A popup shows your Dropbox contents, select what you want and voila! Slick!

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you give me a link to dropdev? I googled it and all I found was a Linux development page.

Last edited:

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that...I was stuck on dev instead of dav. Definitely a senior moment.

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I found it though.
Got it all set up and bought Pages and sent a test document to my Dropbox. Works like a dream. Now I just need my wireless keyboard.

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In another thread I posted that I got my Apple wireless keyboard via craigslist. Even in my relatively small metro region there were two for sale, both new with manuals and both US $55.

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good deal!
I saw that thread earlier.I just cashed in some credit card rewards for a $25 Best Buy card and will be using that to get it.

underwater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Webdav

Hi
I just subscribed to Dropdav.
When in Pages I press "copy to Webdav" I am asked for server details,user name and password.
What should I put here?
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Jan

Most reactions

Latest posts