What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Page numbering

marcus_d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 700+ page document in 100 pages sections. How do I re-number the 2nd section so that it begins at page # 101?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. I tried to do this a while back and could not find a way. I'd experiment some more, but I'm in the middle of setting up my new iPad, and due to a dunderhead mistake I don't have Pages working on either the new or old yet.

I'll save this thread's link in my get-back-to box, and if I find anything one way or another I'll let you know.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see a way to do it. All I can think of is to combine all 7 sections long enough to get them numbered from 1-700 before splitting them up and hoping that the numbering doesn't revert back to 1-100 on all 7 documents.

OP
M

marcus_d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally created the docs in Word. However, I am now moving over to the iPad world entirely. Word allowed me a "start with" and also allowed me different fonts. Pages converted everything to Helvetica which through all of the pagination off. Will my daughter with her MacBook Pro be able to re-paginate it all for me?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That should not be a problem if I remember correctly. I used to have a Mac and it seems that they really did a great job of blending between the two.

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally created the docs in Word. However, I am now moving over to the iPad world entirely. Word allowed me a "start with" and also allowed me different fonts. Pages converted everything to Helvetica which through all of the pagination off. Will my daughter with her MacBook Pro be able to re-paginate it all for me?

That was what I was going to suggest, if you had a full version of Pages on a Mac, you may be able to fix the problem. It would be worth a shot.

Most reactions

Latest posts