What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

page continually crashes on ipad2

adsoned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my desktop computer I can open my website, or an individual page in it. I was able to do the same on my ipad2 earlier today.I am using ios 10.3.2. I mistyped the page's name on the ipad, and got the "problem occurred... message". Subsequent correct entering still yielded the error message. Only one time did it quickly appear and then disappear before the error message. I have tried turning the ipad off and on; and also a hard reboot. A cache problem??

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On my desktop computer I can open my website, or an individual page in it. I was able to do the same on my ipad2 earlier today.I am using ios 10.3.2. I mistyped the page's name on the ipad, and got the "problem occurred... message". Subsequent correct entering still yielded the error message. Only one time did it quickly appear and then disappear before the error message. I have tried turning the ipad off and on; and also a hard reboot. A cache problem??

Agree w/ Brian, i.e. if you indeed have an iPad 2, then running iOS 10.x is not possible (see pic below - Source) - check in Settings -> General -> About and supply us w/ your model number - until clarified, difficult to provide suggestions - and, welcome to the forum! :) Dave
Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 8.29.49 PM.png

OP
A

adsoned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my upsetment I wasn't thinking straight. It is an ipad pro.

OP
A

adsoned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After much searching I discovered that it was a Safari problem. If I eliminated the data from the body of my web page the page would load. Therefore, little by little I included the data back into the body; in search of the culprit. The page loaded fine until I got to the last six lines of my data. All throughout the page I had been using the HTML "&nbsp" to create spaces between the characters. For some reason Safari, at the end of the page signaled a crash. After I removed the "problem" HTML it loaded. No idea why; but I am gladd that it is back to working.

Most reactions

Latest posts