What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overclocking iPad1

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I read about a cydia app to overclock my iPad.
I just had to try it, and I'm very pleased with the speed increase overall.
One of the things mentioned in the article I stumbled over was, that the battery wouldn't last as long, but I haven't really recognized that yet.
I've set my iPad to overclock 4 and my iPod on 3 (just in case as I don't have a power outlet available at all times).

Did anyone try this yet and has some impressions about the battery?

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Which cydia tweak are you talking about, FakeClockUp or speed intensifier?

FakeClockUp and Speed Intensifier don't overclock the iPad, it's just an illusion to make it seem like it's faster with faster taps and things. iOverclock is the only really true oveclocking app I know of.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
FakeClockUp and Speed Intensifier don't overclock the iPad, it's just an illusion to make it seem like it's faster with faster taps and things. iOverclock is the only really true oveclocking app I know of.

And in fact iOverclock doesn't overclock anything. It merely stops the power management in iOS from downclocking the processor under certain circumstances. You'll struggle to notice any discernible difference with it enabled.

BrownHornet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
And in fact iOverclock doesn't overclock anything. It merely stops the power management in iOS from downclocking the processor under certain circumstances. You'll struggle to notice any discernible difference with it enabled.

I have the Speed Intensifier and the addon that goes with it that is supposed to over or underclock the iPad! So is this a waste of space?

Thanks in Advance

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Speed Intensifier and the addon that goes with it that is supposed to over or underclock the iPad! So is this a waste of space?

Thanks in Advance

As Hackint0sh814 told you, speed intensifier just gives the illusion of faster speed by changing the GUI animation speed. NOTHING AFAIK will actually overclock the iPad processor.
BUT, that's not to say the illusion is worthless. I use FakeClockUp (which does exactly the same thing) and I love it. The illusion really does make it "feel" faster. Plus putting it into slow motion sometimes is really funny too...
If you like it, just use it... And don't worry about the battery. It will have minimal if any effect...

BrownHornet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
As Hackint0sh814 told you, speed intensifier just gives the illusion of faster speed by changing the GUI animation speed. NOTHING AFAIK will actually overclock the iPad processor.
BUT, that's not to say the illusion is worthless. I use FakeClockUp (which does exactly the same thing) and I love it. The illusion really does make it "feel" faster. Plus putting it into slow motion sometimes is really funny too...
If you like it, just use it... And don't worry about the battery. It will have minimal if any effect...

Thanks! I'll play with it, why not that's partly why I JB my pad....to play!

Most reactions

Latest posts