What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overall iPad 3 disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO:

-USB Port -- Not going to happen.

-SIRI Capability -- I have Siri on iPhone 4S and find it half-baked and don't use it at all.

-Upgradable memory slots -- I would like this, but don't see it happening given Apple's direction toward the cloud.

-NFC chip technology (technology that's years old now) -- Not interested in this at all, though I'm familiar with it.

-Non wifi-3G/4G GPS service -- Not going to happen, given the way they've bundled technically.

-Two sound jacks instead of one (when you're using it as a TV on those car trips with friends). -- Geez, get a 10 buck splitter if you want this. It's not something most people are going to care about.

-Better cameras. 5 MP? Are you kidding me? My 10 year old standalone camera had that ... If you want to 'not carry around a camera', or at least not a real one, try going for 10 or 16 MP. -- The iPad cameras are limited in MP because many people would run into stuttering on video calls if images where too data-laden. Be realistic.

You people have no creativity! Hell attach some Kinect sensors and give it sensing capabilities that way! There are so many possibilities that would still make a product that's not cluttered, fun, and easy to use. -- I consider this kind of "creativity" useless for my tablet needs.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been enjoying the original iPad for almost two years and still am amazed by it today. I remember quite well the naysayers on this board and in the media predicting a big flop--that never happened. Fast forward two years, iPads are being used everywhere
and again we have more complaints. The solution is really easy--if you do not like the new iPad, DO NOT BUY IT! I, and many
others are not disappointed, we are anxiously waiting for Friday to arrive. ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been enjoying the original iPad for almost two years and still am amazed by it today. I remember quite well the naysayers on this board and in the media predicting a big flop--that never happened. Fast forward two years, iPads are being used everywhere
and again we have more complaints. The solution is really easy--if you do not like the new iPad, DO NOT BUY IT! I, and many
others are not disappointed, we are anxiously waiting for Friday to arrive. ;)

This thread is about that -- people opting not to buy it.

Enjoy your new iPad.

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What other features would you want ? They can't reinvent the wheel.
I was thinking same thing what else could they do ?

Screen res is probably the best thing about it. and faster. this is worth the extra mm in thickness i think.
I would like to see them develop a screen that could be read easily in sunlight. Maybe have something where it switches or can be switched to a different screen when in sunlight.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is being lost in the popularity of the iPhone, iPods, and iPad, is the strong loyalty that formed the cadre of Apple owners. To the outside, they were called fanboys, but mostly they were those who understood the differene between Apple and Microsoft user interface. Those who understood that the computer and operating system must be intertwined for maximum efectiveness. The first computer I got to use was a Wang. Ever hear of them? Few have. It predated the Vic 20, my first computer. From the first time I was introduced to the MacIntosh, I knew what a computer should be. I also know that progress is a matter of steps.

The days of the home computer is going the way of the console and mainframe. They will never go away, but will become the background of computing. The iPad is progressing to the tool of choice. If you do not need to upgrade, there is no reason to. The argument is why be disappointed in the iPad? It is better. It sets new standards that the competition is not going to beat. It also is an example of why Apple takes care of its customers. To get the improvements that are cutting edge, it will cost Apple more to build it. Rather than pass the manufacturing costs onto the customers, Apple is reducing their profits to keep the pricing the same. Yes, they were a high profit item to begin with, but no one has been able to match Apple's features and price yet. Not while making a profit.

I think most of us will agree, that the new iPad is a strong upgrade. Not everyone will want one, nor will need to buy one. Just don't tell those who are excited about their new purchase that it is disappointing. It is not, and unless you can make something better, you really have no logical reason to be disappointed.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is being lost in the popularity of the iPhone, iPods, and iPad, is the strong loyalty that formed the cadre of Apple owners. To the outside, they were called fanboys, but mostly they were those who understood the differene between Apple and Microsoft user interface. Those who understood that the computer and operating system must be intertwined for maximum efectiveness. The first computer I got to use was a Wang. Ever hear of them? Few have. It predated the Vic 20, my first computer. From the first time I was introduced to the MacIntosh, I knew what a computer should be. I also know that progress is a matter of steps.

The days of the home computer is going the way of the console and mainframe. They will never go away, but will become the background of computing. The iPad is progressing to the tool of choice. If you do not need to upgrade, there is no reason to. The argument is why be disappointed in the iPad? It is better. It sets new standards that the competition is not going to beat. It also is an example of why Apple takes care of its customers. To get the improvements that are cutting edge, it will cost Apple more to build it. Rather than pass the manufacturing costs onto the customers, Apple is reducing their profits to keep the pricing the same. Yes, they were a high profit item to begin with, but no one has been able to match Apple's features and price yet. Not while making a profit.

I think most of us will agree, that the new iPad is a strong upgrade. Not everyone will want one, nor will need to buy one. Just don't tell those who are excited about their new purchase that it is disappointing. It is not, and unless you can make something better, you really have no logical reason to be disappointed.

There's no logic in expecting other people to not express their opinions because their expectations differ. This thread is clearly labeled.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surprised at a lack of Siri and I thought they were going to unleash the haptic touch screen especially how they said and the media invite it was something you had to touch.

Hmmm

Never mind we are in good hands. I'm going to be saving my only for the iPad 4

Sent from my iPad 2

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why be disappointed just because it does not achieve an artificail goal of your own making? The title of this thread is what I have issues with. If they come out with a new car that is great, but you do not need to buy it, would you be disappointed? Every manufacturer has to decide what features it needs to meet the demands of most customers. And Apple usually has a better handle on the future of computing than most of us. They said no to Flash, and we had endless griping about that. Now we get very little griping, and Flash on mobile devices is dead. If there is a feature that you want and Apple does not support, then look at the options. It may be available from a vendor, it may be available in the future, or there may be an alternative that will supplant it.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would we be happy if we weren't complaining ? No seriously, I guess we all just want our utopian devices which we know isn't going to happen but that's consumerism for you.

The new iPad is a great device but it isn't enough to warrant me to throw my iPad 2 away just yet.

Sent from my iPad 2 on iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why be disappointed just because it does not achieve an artificail goal of your own making? The title of this thread is what I have issues with. If they come out with a new car that is great, but you do not need to buy it, would you be disappointed? Every manufacturer has to decide what features it needs to meet the demands of most customers. And Apple usually has a better handle on the future of computing than most of us. They said no to Flash, and we had endless griping about that. Now we get very little griping, and Flash on mobile devices is dead. If there is a feature that you want and Apple does not support, then look at the options. It may be available from a vendor, it may be available in the future, or there may be an alternative that will supplant it.

Everyone's expectations are "artificial" by that thinking, because they're all subjective. You don't have to agree with anyone's thread for conversation to thrive on this forum.

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A.K said:
IMO there is no reason to be disappointed by iPad 3 . Actually I like the idea of apple giving incremental upgrades rather than revolutionary upgrades for each model. It saves me a lot of money as I would have upgraded my 7 month old iPad 2 ;) I'm a guy who likes to keep my gadgets at least for few years( used my old n70 Nokia for 4 years!!!)
iPad 3 is definitely worth if it's ur first tablet or upgrading from iPad first. But from iPad 2 I don't feel the need personally. The display is excellent but I find the iPad 2 display pleasing enough.camera? I won't use my tablet camera for taking photos .nothing to do with whatothers will think but I find smartphone cams to be ideal for quick shot pics that's all. And the processor ...even the heaviest games play without lag in my iPad so this is enough at least till next model.

I quite agree! I have ordered the iPad 3, but thats only because I've had my iPad 1 for 16 months now, so thought it was time to change. I'm not interested in the camera, I have a great digital camera and a good one on my mobile phone and hey both fit in my pocket!

Michel_in_BC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, it may not be enough for somebody to upgrade, but it will make a great device for a first time buyer such as myself. I am glad I waited a few weeks to order the new iPad instead of buying the iPad 2. The greater resolution and a better camera certainly warrants my buying the new iPad as opposed to a now cheaper iPad 2.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh sure, as a first time buyer you got to go for the new iPad man

Sent from my iPad 2

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've bought both iPads and am getting the new iPad also. The two things that impressed me with the new one are, of course, the increased resolution, which my eyes will love, and the 4G connectivity. People are saying that the battery life should have been better but I think it's "amazing" that they were able to keep the battery life the same upgrading from 3G to 4G. JMHO

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engelke2011 said:
I've bought both iPads and am getting the new iPad also. The two things that impressed me with the new one are, of course, the increased resolution, which my eyes will love, and the 4G connectivity. People are saying that the battery life should have been better but I think it's "amazing" that they were able to keep the battery life the same upgrading from 3G to 4G. JMHO

That's cool man, each is own when it comes to this stuff. I bet you can't wait for it to drop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions