Over two-thirds of People Buying an iPad in the Last 6 Months Were new to iPadhttp://

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Apr 24, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    Over two-thirds of People Buying an iPad in the Last 6 Months Were new to iPad

TimCook.100511.jpg

Yesterday, Apple exceeded market expectations for its second quarter of fiscal 2014, posting $45.6 billion in revenue and quarterly net profit of $10.2 billion, with total sales of sales of 43.7 million iPhones and 16.3 million iPads. And during the conference call, Apple’s CEO disclosed some more important numbers, saying the following:

While iPhone’s new users are most likely coming from new markets, first-time iPad users have probably been convinced by the the latest iPad Air, which is much slimmer and more powerful than previous iPads. Apple's corporate controller Luca Maestri, who is set to take over as CFO, also added the following:

So, despite pressure from Android tablets, we can see that the iPad still maintains its leading positions and manages to bring in fresh users. What about you - do you own an iPad already?

Source: AppleInsider

#1 RaduTyrsina, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I'm the proud owner of two iPads.. and it will be 3 in July when I buy an iPad Air :)

3. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    This is good news. This really shows how great the iPad experience is. Apple will, and always will make the greatest tablets ever.

4. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It pretty much ends up being that once you've done the iPad thing then you won't be going to any other tablet. I've messed with the others and while they have their virtues and niceties, the experience simply falls short. And that's that.