What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over passing Proxy connection

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if my post is in the correct forum, but here goes.

At my college there's of course a proxy connection that requires a username and password which i posses of course..
But on my iphone and ipad none of the apps work under this connection. only safari, app store, and sometimes maps. Cydia loads pages but don't download any package or app.
what i'm looking for is a way to overpass this proxy wall in order to use all apps via this connection.
is there anyyyy possible way to do so?

Androids can root their devices and can overpass them in some way.

Thanks in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't going to help any - except maybe to provide sympathy. But, I can't get Cydia to run properly while I'm logged in to my college's server either. The app will open, but it errors out when it tries to update or load packages/repos. The tweaks and stuff I get from Cydia work fine, it's just that Cydia is blocked somehow. I've just learned not to try to access Cydia while there.

Since you live there (I assume), my only suggestion is to go off-campus to a McDonald's or Starbucks or something and run Cydia there. That way, you can check for updates, new tweaks, etc., install them on the iPad and then go back to campus with an updated iPad.

It's all I've got for you - because trying to convince a college campus IT department to change their settings for one (or very few people) probably isn't going to happen, sorry.

Marilyn

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got Edge on my iPhone i dont need to go to a Mcdonalds... i just wanted to download stuff in my college since the connection there is fast comparing to mine at home.. and yes we still don't hv high speed connection it's due to be applied first thing next month.
BTW i'm not asking to change the connection type or anything i just wanted to see if it's possible to overpass these blockage of apps by the proxy security.

maybe there's a tweak i don't know about that can do that? or maybe any other solution to fool the connection?

thanks anyway

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys there is something called transparent proxy that works like a charm on all android OS phones... i searched it for ios but there wasnt anything similar to it.. can't we have that???? of course it needed a root in order to work on the device and it basically overpasses the proxy setting in a way and then all apps works normal as if they are connected to a normal wifi connection...

anything guys?

kmcintosh78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so the firewall implemented in some networks will see a connection to Cydia as malware, and will block it.
Don't fret, it happens.

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work in a school and we have the same problem. Can't get Cydia to work properly.

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Old post but I like to add some facts, apple designed the iPad so they can surveillance, track and monitor your device Id, we knew and heard more about this from congress later of course, even with netshade's app the iPad I tested it on by passed the proxy, yet safari and other browsers showed the proxy ip whether uk, USA or china etc.

Also proxys are not effective on cellular connections, only wifi, maybe I'm wrong but with netshade's the wifi shut off and went to cellular which netshade's does not work at all as a proxy so you have to shut that off.

I would say its a criminal offense on apples part but everyone is abusing these tactics, even the government and even this forum which refuses connections via proxy somehow to trace IPs .

Most reactions

Latest posts