What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outlook Emails Pulled From Ipad - How To Escape Detection From My Admistrators?

tabletpc888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Friends
I am a newbie and I have the following question:

1) How do I escape detection from my company's IT administrators if I were to pull outlook emails from the ipad?

My company do not allow employees to pull email using apple clients (iphones, ipad etc) and yet, we can do so if we know how to do it. However, once the emails are pulled successfully, the IT admin team will send the user a warning email stating that they have detected the use of apple clients (with specific stated model) for the email pull and that we should refrain from doing so.

Ipad is such a wonderful product and I am dying to pull my emails from my ipad (safely of course). So far, I have to depend on the emails pulled from Android (allowed but damn weak and slow interface - Samsung Tab Galaxy). Please help me if you have a solution for me! Thanks all for your time.

TabletPC

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tabletpc888 said:
Hi Friends

1) How do I escape detection from my company's IT administrators if I were to pull outlook emails from the ipad?

My company do not allow employees to pull email using apple clients (iphones, ipad etc) and yet, we can do so if we know how to do it. However, once the emails are pulled successfully, the IT admin team will send the user a warning email stating that they have detected the use of apple clients (with specific stated model) for the email pull and that we should refrain from doing so.

Ipad is such a wonderful product and I am dying to pull my emails from my ipad (safely of course). So far, I have to depend on the emails pulled from Android (allowed but damn weak and slow interface - Samsung Tab Galaxy). Please help me if you have a solution for me! Thanks all for your time.

TabletPC

I am sure someone will have a better idea but can you set up a rule in your outlook to forward copies of all mail to your account on your iPad?

The Archangel

OP
T

tabletpc888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tabletpc888 said:
Hi Friends

TabletPC

I am sure someone will have a better idea but can you set up a rule in your outlook to forward copies of all mail to your account on your iPad?

The Archangel

Hi Archangel
Thanks for your reply but i needed a fresh pull rather than forwarded ones.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, I'd like to say that no matter how much I like my iPad I don't think I'd care to risk my job, or the good will of my boss, just so I could use it for work.

But if you insist, the only way to do this would be to change how the iPad identifies itself to the mail server. If there is a tool to do that it will be in the jailbreak community. I don't know if there is. If you have an iPad 2 you will have to wait until there is a jailbreak for it.

On the other hand, if you are using OWA to get your mail, you could use Atomic browser or one of the others that can change it's browser identity. But I doubt this is what is going on, since your server admins would probably never notice attempts to connect with other browsers. OWA is about as secure as external access to email gets without VPN, so there is little reason to monitor it if you have it enabled at all.

OWA may not work 100% with the iPad. Various people have reported problems with some versions and admin setups.

OP
T

tabletpc888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, I'd like to say that no matter how much I like my iPad I don't think I'd care to risk my job, or the good will of my boss, just so I could use it for work.

But if you insist, the only way to do this would be to change how the iPad identifies itself to the mail server. If there is a tool to do that it will be in the jailbreak community. I don't know if there is. If you have an iPad 2 you will have to wait until there is a jailbreak for it.

On the other hand, if you are using OWA to get your mail, you could use Atomic browser or one of the others that can change it's browser identity. But I doubt this is what is going on, since your server admins would probably never notice attempts to connect with other browsers. OWA is about as secure as external access to email gets without VPN, so there is little reason to monitor it if you have it enabled at all.

OWA may not work 100% with the iPad. Various people have reported problems with some versions and admin setups.

Hmm... this is probably the best advice I have heard so far. Again, this is untried before and for now, i will probably have to use an Android device to check my office email (Asus eee Transformer is high up on my list). Thanks for the good advice though

Most reactions

Latest posts