What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outlook emails from pc showsas unread on ipad

valerie1973

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have outlook and a gmail account on my iPad. Gmail is fine. But outlook- how do I let emails from my pc that I read and responded to show as read on iPad or emails I read on iPad and responded to show as such on my pc?

Last edited:

meatsoda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
valerie1973 said:
I have outlook and a gmail account on my iPad. Gmail is fine. But outlook- how do I let emails from my pc that I read and responded to show as read on iPad or emails I read on iPad and responded to show as such on my pc?

Make sure that Outlook on your PC is running and syncing. With you iPad, make sure you have that synching on some fashion (push, fetch or manual).

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here

I, too, would love to find a solution for this. The same problem occurs with podcasts - they come, but they don't go, if you know what I mean. I gave up on having my Outlook mail on my iPad - double deleting is boring.

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I ask what a outlook email is. I use outlook for Gmail and my work email but outlook is just a program for reading them, same as the mail program on the iPad.
If you have Gmail setup for IMAP rather than POP3 then you should get the same messages on all your devices, but not duplicates on any one device. If you read a message on, say a iPad, the same message should show up in outlook but as read.

Sorry if none of that helps, I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In many case this happens in iPad. To overcome this we can share our desktop outlook to ipad, which normally enable you to view,send, forward your outlook mails. This can be done with few third party apps like OutlookReflex, which I am using.

Thank you for offering a solution to this nagging problem. OutlookReflex seems to work, but I don't want to expose my PC to a lack of security to use it. Also, it costs $10 a year. Right now it's not important enough for me to have my Outlook emails properly handled on my iPad. For other users, this could be a valuable app.

Most reactions

Latest posts