1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Outlook email sync with Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Sephiroth, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,

I just bought two Ipad2 WiFi 3G 32 Gb.

I have the habit to use Apple's devices so I have no problem in using my new "big Iphone".

As I would like to use my Ipad as a notebook replacement I just need an app which let me synchronize email between Outlook and Ipad.

So basically I need to import pst files to the Ipad and synchronize it, this means replying to an email archived in pst files as well as sending a new email from the Ipad or from the notebook and finding these emails both in the notebook and in the Ipad.

I tryed Pst Mail Lite which lets me reply or forward email archived in the pst file (imported and synchronized to the Ipad) but it does not let me send new email.

Any idea?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I've moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim
  3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank u!
  4. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    If you're using Outlook AND you have a Windows Live/MSN/Hotmail email account, you're in great shape! I have an MSN mail (Synonymous with WL and Hotmail) account and use Outlook 2010, my mail, contacts and calendar synced beautifully between my Windows desktop, iPhone 4S and iPad 2. All fully supporting email folders, too. Plus you can access everything via any computer/browser via secure login at Hotmail.com. All changes to mail, contacts and calendar you make are reflected across your devices. No need to fool with PST files.

1) google up Windows Live Essentials. Do the update/download and in the list of individual components to select from, make sure you get Outlook (Windows Live) Connector and install it to your PC. It's a small add-on to Outlook and totally runs quietly in the background, never needing any further attention. You can also google "Outlook Connector" and one of the top two or three hits will take you to the official Outlook Connector site from which you can grab the latest version.

2) set up your Windows Live, MSN or Hotmail account in Outlook, if you haven't already.

3) set up your Windows Live, MSN or Hotmail account on the iPad, if you haven't, already. In the Mail, Contacts, Calendar section, select "add account", then Windows Live Hotmail" or "Microsoft Exchange". Fill in the requested info. No domain name is needed. You may need to put in a server address. If so, the correct one is: m.hotmail.com then follow through the prompts, set the items to be synced sliders and make sure PUSH is enabled. That's it. You're done. There are other email preference settings in the Mail, Contacts, Calendar section you should look at. Just allow a bit of time for your active folder(s), contacts and calendars to be initially synced up, especially if you have a lot of mail and data to sync.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Manou

Manou Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here some step by step instructions how to set up your Hotmail account in mail - with ActiveSync you'll have your Hotmail folders on your iPad/iPhone

How to Setup Hotmail ActiveSync on iPad device

1. From the Home Screen, tap Settings >“Mail, Contacts, Calendar†> “Add Account†> “Microsoft Exchangeâ€
    2. Enter the following in fields:

Email: your full Hotmail email address
    Domain: Leave blank
    Username: your full Hotmail email address
    Password: your password
    Description: Hotmail

Server: m.hotmail.com

SSL: Enabled
    Certificate: Accept the SSL certificate when prompted
    Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks: All can be enabled.

3. After finishing the configuration, select the data to sync and tap on Save button.

Your iPad will connect to Hotmail ActiveSync and perform an initial sync for the selected data. You are able to push email, calendar, and contacts with Exchange ActiveSync now.