1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Outgoing mail settings.........

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by lordmarshall2011, Oct 21, 2011.

1. lordmarshall2011

lordmarshall2011 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have set up my mail for my iPad, and although I can get my mail coming in, I cannot seem to send it. My mail comes from a company called namesco, and it seems I have two options to send via the iPad. The first is to upgrade my server to a accept smtp or I can use the device settings to send my mail. Now when I access my mail via my blackberry, it sends and receives fine. The settings for sending are correct, and my device sends the mail via its own device server rather than my own server. Now the question is, how do I get the iPad to send via its own mail settings. I welcome any help on this matter as I run a very large choral society, and manage quite a bit of email to which some require replays. Thank you in advance to all out there that may be able to help me with this..........
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    OK - can you tell me whether your outgoing mail settings are using SMTP with SSL (i.e. a secure log in process for sending emails) or the legacy insecure SMTP protocol? Many service providers will not accept outgoing mail without the use of SSL if they cannot verify the identity of the sender.

Tim