What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outgoing mail settings.........

lordmarshall2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have set up my mail for my iPad, and although I can get my mail coming in, I cannot seem to send it. My mail comes from a company called namesco, and it seems I have two options to send via the iPad. The first is to upgrade my server to a accept smtp or I can use the device settings to send my mail. Now when I access my mail via my blackberry, it sends and receives fine. The settings for sending are correct, and my device sends the mail via its own device server rather than my own server. Now the question is, how do I get the iPad to send via its own mail settings. I welcome any help on this matter as I run a very large choral society, and manage quite a bit of email to which some require replays. Thank you in advance to all out there that may be able to help me with this..........

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - can you tell me whether your outgoing mail settings are using SMTP with SSL (i.e. a secure log in process for sending emails) or the legacy insecure SMTP protocol? Many service providers will not accept outgoing mail without the use of SSL if they cannot verify the identity of the sender.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts