What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Our Choice" by Al Gore - navigation

chuckmg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a revolutionary e-book BUT I have found no way to navigate in it except scrolling to the next or previous pages. No find text or index, etc.

Has anyone discovered something that is not apparent?

Chuck

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this app. There is a welcome video on the first page of the table of contents that explains the functions available in the ebook. If you happened to miss it just tap the circular icon located in the bottom left corner of the title screen.

Specifically there is no search function nor is there a page jump function. You can however get mini page previews by chapter if you keep the bottom scroll bar visible.

I understand your frustrations but considering it is the first attempt to create an interactive book specific to the iPad it does show potential.

The interactive graphs, folding portraits, and various other interactive models made the reading experience much more entertaining and informative.

OP
C

chuckmg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for your response ... it is far better knowing than to be in doubt!

On the other hand, I am a retired computer professional, was online at NACA ( predecessor to NASA) before there was an Internet, and have been involved in the development of online medical information systems that have been used in many countries. It is inconceivable to me that an app as sophisticated as Our Choices is missing such fundamental tools.

Chuck

einazani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got the same problem. the text at the bottom not visible even after download all the context. i install and uninstall the apps lots of time and it still not working. but i have no problem when download this app at iphone..
anyone can help with this? thanks!

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have your view maximized. Try two finger pinch on the displayed page to return to browsing view which should provide the chapter view with page previews on the bottom of the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts