What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch! Dropped the iPad

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I almost want to drop mine and test out this defender.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I have the Otterbox on mine and have dropped it numerous times. Nothing happened. Not even a scratch.

tturbonegro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow didn't know otter box made one for the pad, have to check that out...I break a lot of phones and things, so I got the square trade warranty on my pad immediately after I got it

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow didn't know otter box made one for the pad, have to check that out...I break a lot of phones and things, so I got the square trade warranty on my pad immediately after I got it

Yes OtterBox does make them for the iPad. A helpful tip, if you order it from Amazon or Walmart online the price drop is a bunch! For instance, 90 dollars for the best Defender case from the retailers and around 50 online...

Savage.Winlock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had dropped my ipad right on the face, luckily it did not hit the body. The screen was shattered pretty bad. At first i didn't know what to do but after searching for iPad Repair Center's near my area found Dr. Cell Phone. They did a great job!

Reaction score
My screen shattered (spiderwebbed) and I didn't even drop it or drop anything on it. Target exchanged it out no questions asked.
I woke up Saturday morning,took it out of sleep and the screen looked funny , had a rainbow, so I tried scraping the goo( thought maybe gum or something) and it was like a gouge so I looked at it sideways in the light and the whole thing looked like a spiderweb.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Nexus x Alpha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but I can't stop loling.... Very sad though.

"I can still remember the sea of magazine covers in the airport news-shop with Steve Jobs proudly holding an iPad - all staring right at me"

Savage.Winlock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad on my tile floor. And the corner bent. I was worried that something else might have been broken as well. I'm very picky because I don't want my iPad to look all bent scratched up. So I took it to Dr. Cell Phone in Dallas. They do iPad repairs of all types. And now I'm happy. So for being so picky.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my baby a wooden case, wondering if I shouldn't get something padded or more shock absorbent. I do plan on being in line for the otterbox of griffin survivor, whichever makes it to amazon first. Retail prices are atrocious.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I had dropped my iPad as many times as my BB...bloody hell!

Thankfully I'm yet to drop iPad yet.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not using my iPad for a grocery list.
I am not completely paperless either... yet!

Soon after I got my iPad I took it to the hardware store with my shopping list. So I bought all the stuff I needed, loaded it in the back of the van and I almost made it out of the parking lot when I realized something was missing.... MY iPAD! It was still in the back part of the basket pretty as you please in the cart corral! Some Home Depot employee almost got lucky that day!

baby_toes.jpg

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
I am not completely paperless either... yet!

Soon after I got my iPad I took it to the hardware store with my shopping list. So I bought all the stuff I needed, loaded it in the back of the van and I almost made it out of the parking lot when I realized something was missing.... MY iPAD! It was still in the back part of the basket pretty as you please in the cart corral! Some Home Depot employee almost got lucky that day!

Sounds like something my dad would do!

Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
My screen shattered (spiderwebbed) and I didn't even drop it or drop anything on it. Target exchanged it out no questions asked.
I woke up Saturday morning,took it out of sleep and the screen looked funny , had a rainbow, so I tried scraping the goo( thought maybe gum or something) and it was like a gouge so I looked at it sideways in the light and the whole thing looked like a spiderweb.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

I'm sorry but I didn't understand any of that. How did your screen shatter without any physical contact. What "goo" are you talking about? There was gouge in your screen? And how did it look like a spiderweb?

If this was a joke I totally didn't get it. Lol

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32gb3gwifialicious said:
I'm sorry but I didn't understand any of that. How did your screen shatter without any physical contact. What "goo" are you talking about? There was gouge in your screen? And how did it look like a spiderweb?

If this was a joke I totally didn't get it. Lol

Must have been playing a difficult level of world of goo before going to sleep

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get the otterbox defender case for your iPad, you will never have to worry about dropping it! They're even cheaper now that the iPad 2 is out. Look on EBay.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never dropped my ipad yet, but worry it is going to happen sooner or later. Mine had the apple case, so some safety there

Most reactions

Latest posts