Otterbox or Lifeproof?

Discussion in 'iPAD 4 Accessories' started by 75ayla, Jan 2, 2013.

1. 75ayla

75ayla iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok so I got a new ipad4 for Christmas & I was wondering what case is better, otterbox or Lifeproof? I have the fancy $48 case from apple but I would like one without magnets in it..
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. iJamesH

iJamesH iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +114 / 0
    I don't have the Lifeproof but I do have the Otterbox for the iP3 and I like it a lot. Can't go wrong with the Otterbox!!!
  3. 75ayla

75ayla iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks I appreciate he helpful comments I'm just super scarred that my numbers going to come up and it's going to be dropped and shatter...it was a Christmas gift and I'm not 100% sure my uncle got the apple care Plus
  4. bestpi

bestpi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I realize this is an old thread but a new person may be looking for the information and I have some. I have the otterbox case for my Ipad4 and I can not believe the engineering that went into this thing. I also have the otterbox latch kit to make it a one handed device. Again it is an incredible piece of engineering. I can put the latch kit on it and then put the hard cover on it without damaging the latch kit and it fits properly. And the latch kit is fantastic. I even store my stylus inside the grip handle. The features integrated into otterbox stuff is better thought out than any case manufacturer I have ever seen. They don't design the case to just fit, it has to make it more useful, more versatile and certainly more durable.

I got my Otterbox Latch kit for $25 bucks on Amazon. New in box. The otterbox site wanted close to $50 for it. My case was priced pretty much the same as BestBuy and when I called them they gave me a 15% discount. I went to the site because I wanted the yellow and black case and it is not stocked in the stores that I've checked.

I use it to adjust projectors in large areana's and ballrooms. By networking the projectors I am able to get right down in front of the screen and dial in the image. It takes me just a few minutes instead of the better part of an hour or even longer. A huge time saver. And the fat man doesn't have to dance around trying to get the remote to talk to the projectors. It's the only way to go for what I do.

But my phone also has otterbox and I have no complaints. As far as I am concerned, there is no other company.
  5. phonegeek1998

phonegeek1998 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The otter box for the four do you use screen protector under otterbox and also does dust get under otterbox one.
  6. bestpi

bestpi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I use the screen protector and no dust or dirt gets inside. It's a good seal.