What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox defender iPad 2 preorder

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre ordered this case @ http://www.cellularaccessory.com/apl2-ipad2-20-e4otr.html and I just got an email saying it was shipped and that it'll be here on friday, how is that possible??
The otter box website doesn't even have them to purchase.
I hope they don't send me the 1st gen one or they'll be getting a call from me.
Anyone order from this company before? If so do they sell genuine/ original stuff?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think someone messed up, besides the fact that they are already discounting a product that's not even out yet? I'd call them and verify.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrbunglez said:
I pre ordered this case @ http://www.cellularaccessory.com/apl2-ipad2-20-e4otr.html and I just got an email saying it was shipped and that it'll be here on friday, how is that possible??
The otter box website doesn't even have them to purchase.
I hope they don't send me the 1st gen one or they'll be getting a call from me.
Anyone order from this company before? If so do they sell genuine/ original stuff?

I pre ordered from an "authorized seller" through eBay for 84$. This price just seems too good to be true. I had to buy from eBay cuz I had certificates. My reseller said shipment at the end if the month. But not 100%

Correction/update: reseller says 5/20/2011. Keep us posted on your situation. If theirs stays that cheap, I may jump aboard the risky ship with you and use my gc for something else for my Padi!!!

Btw: that could be an automated system that is sending you that message, but their anticipated date does say 4/15. Hmmm

Last edited:
OP
mrbunglez

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a tracking # from ups and it says in transit it's now in Jackson Mississippi with an arrival date of Friday. Sounds too good to be true I'll be calling them today to see what's up.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is the protection co pared to the weight? Is it worth the added weight? Is there a certain guarantee from otterbox?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can never make guarantees on cases. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

More than apple would be replacing iPad 2s

For my iphone, I dropped it like ten feet onto concrete on it's face, little knick on the case but rubbed right off. It's secure and Midly attractive. griffin and others are trying to compete but I think otterbox is at a safe lead, not at a point to stop but they definitely have "technology covered"

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you ever talk to a rep from their website? I am thinking of canceling my current order and saving the 20 bucks along with you, but I want to make sure that they are legit (meaning that you are not going to cancel your order).

Last edited:
OP
mrbunglez

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll update tonight when I get home because it's supposed to be at my house today but I'm at work I don't know what to expect.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrbunglez said:
I'll update tonight when I get home because it's supposed to be at my house today but I'm at work I don't know what to expect.

Thx. I sent them a customer service email and this is what I received:

The first batch that is suppose to ship on the 22nd is almost sold out. We have not been told by otterbox or the vendors when the next batch will show up yet.
Thank you! Joel Wasittoya http://www.CellularAccessory.com http://www.facebook.com/CellularAccessory (800) 822-7754 Fax (800) 875-0961 Monday through Friday 7 AM to 4 PM PST
On 4/14/2011 11:30 PM, [email protected] wrote:
thankyou-URL: http://www.cellularaccessory.com/info.html Name: Holly K Email: HKWrite12 Order Number: iPad 2 Otterbox Pre-Order Comments: I was writing to inquire about your ETA on the Otterbox from iPad 2. To other resellers are suggesting a May ETA. However, even if your date is farther off, I would endure the wait because you have a phenomenal pre-order rate. I look forward to hearing for you. Thanks in advance Hk​
. It really is a great "tax rebate" deal.

Last edited:
OP
mrbunglez

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just got home and found out they sent me the WRONG version. They sent me the otter box case for the 1st gen iPad. I knew it was too good to be true I am fuming.
I will be giving them a call on Monday to vent hopefully they will either fix the order or give me a refund.
Let's just say I'm truly pissed.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Very sorry dear. It's crazy though because they already have the iPad 1 cases listed for like 45 in the different colors. If you don't mind spending the extra 20, there is an authorized reseller on eBay and on amazon. eBay is 84 and amazon is 85 with a bonus pair of earbuds (retail 25$? but more like 10$)

OP
mrbunglez

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I'll just wait until the actual website has them to order instead of hoping for the best with secondary companies.

Most reactions

Latest posts