What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox Defender - Headphone Jack

awells527

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Otterbox Defender case for my iPad, and I don't seem to have any headphones that can fit into the headphone jack. The case doesn't have an opening big enough. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking that I need a dingle or something that can make my existing connectors fit.

Thanks for any assistance. :)

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I had that problem trying to use an audio cable.

Just one of the flaws of the Otterbox Defender.

There are others. I tried to remove the iPad from the case and had to literally break it off.

Rahb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have the case for my ipad. I did have the case for my iphone though. similar problem with sync cable por on some of my cables. Solution?

Dremel tool or drill bit. make the hole bigger. (obviously do this carefully and when ipad is not in case) take your time and clean it up nicely, no one will know that it has been "fixed"

OP
A

awells527

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is definitely not a deal-breaker with the case - I love it otherwise.

I will have to consider enlarging the hole if I don't find a cable that works. I guess the only problem with that is the rubber plug that currently fits snugly.

billpool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't run out and get out the Dremel tools folks... The solution is at R.Shack for about $20 for 2 parts... A coupler for 3.5mm stereo female to 3.5mm stereo female AND an Auvio 3.5mm Stereo Cable (3ft or 4 ft or 6 ft choices). Worked for me.:)

Take Care

Most reactions