What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox Defender case for the iPad 3

princeofmourne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alrighty I have the otterbox defender case for my ipad 3 and I've noticed that the screen protector makes my screen look all blurry (it kinda looks like multicolored pixels) also I noticed when I took the case off and put it back on the case wasnt as tight as it was before. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the color pixilated look, do you have a screen protector on as well? I saw the same on my iPhone when I used my Lifeproof case. I had to take it off to fix that. As for the fit issue, I can only speculate that the iPad is not seated properly in the case. I've no experience with that case so I am not sure

OP
P

princeofmourne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I dont have a screen protector beneath it. However the Otterbox case has a built in screen protector for it

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
princeofmourne said:
Alrighty I have the otterbox defender case for my ipad 3 and I've noticed that the screen protector makes my screen look all blurry (it kinda looks like multicolored pixels) also I noticed when I took the case off and put it back on the case wasnt as tight as it was before. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Well, I just got myself the Otterbox Defender, together with the Utility Series Latch...
The blurry screen was the same for me for a certain short period of time - while the built in screen protector (I also do not have another screen protector below it) adapted/ connected with the device's screen, but it was gone after a short period of time.
Now, although the defender is definitely making my precious device substantly more heavy, it also makes it much safer. I am really looking forward to my next ship inspection where I will put it at live-test in harsher environment! But as for now I am really convinced of it! THAT is what I call a quality product!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

biskitbeetle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Well, I just got myself the Otterbox Defender, together with the Utility Series Latch...
The blurry screen was the same for me for a certain short period of time - while the built in screen protector (I also do not have another screen protector below it) adapted/ connected with the device's screen, but it was gone after a short period of time.
Now, although the defender is definitely making my precious device substantly more heavy, it also makes it much safer. I am really looking forward to my next ship inspection where I will put it at live-test in harsher environment! But as for now I am really convinced of it! THAT is what I call a quality product!

I have just got the exact same items , the otterbox defender and latch no blurry screen here though , just a lot heavier as stated above .

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
biskitbeetle said:
I have just got the exact same items , the otterbox defender and latch no blurry screen here though , just a lot heavier as stated above .

The "blurry" part took like 10 seconds - for sure you were as amazed as I was from that equipment that you didn't notice...
Isn't it GREAT stuff???!!

biskitbeetle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
The "blurry" part took like 10 seconds - for sure you were as amazed as I was from that equipment that you didn't notice...
Isn't it GREAT stuff???!!

Great stuff indeed, and mine can take a lot of knocks so the case is doing what it's supposed to do.just weighs a lot now

Most reactions

Latest posts