What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other than calling Apple with the

MelvinTopaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Erik number is there a way to know the age if an ipad2? I found a used iPad2 32gb that the seller wants $300 for. The price seems fair but I war to add AppleCare if I buy it. AppleCare requires the unit to not be over a year old. AppleCare extends the warranty so I'm not concerned if I get it and there are problems. Did the early ipads2 have anything different about them that would tell me up front that its older than a year?

PrinceOfWales

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 is not yet a year old so there are no problems however if you have the device id you can check on the apple website if it is still under warranty

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes as PrinceofWales has said any ipad2 would be under a year old, so should still be under warranty.
If you get them to go to Settings - General - About, this is where all the pertinent info is.
Is it someone you know who is selling it? It's a good price, if you don't know them, take precautions how you do the changeover. Don't want to worry you, but please be aware, I've heard some awful stories!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts