1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Other than calling Apple with the

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by MelvinTopaz, Jan 9, 2012.

1. MelvinTopaz

MelvinTopaz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Erik number is there a way to know the age if an ipad2? I found a used iPad2 32gb that the seller wants $300 for. The price seems fair but I war to add AppleCare if I buy it. AppleCare requires the unit to not be over a year old. AppleCare extends the warranty so I'm not concerned if I get it and there are problems. Did the early ipads2 have anything different about them that would tell me up front that its older than a year?
  2. PrinceOfWales

PrinceOfWales iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad 2 is not yet a year old so there are no problems however if you have the device id you can check on the apple website if it is still under warranty
  3. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 0
    Yes as PrinceofWales has said any ipad2 would be under a year old, so should still be under warranty.
    If you get them to go to Settings - General - About, this is where all the pertinent info is.
    Is it someone you know who is selling it? It's a good price, if you don't know them, take precautions how you do the changeover. Don't want to worry you, but please be aware, I've heard some awful stories!

Sent from my iPad using iPF