What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osx Mountain Lion?

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, does someone knows which is the correct name, price, and application for do the synchronization between laptop, iPad and iPhone? I mean I would like to change a contact in one device, and would like to have at same time at the others 2.
Thank you. I found Mountain Lion several times in the apple store, but I don't know which one I need to select.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, does someone knows is which is the correct name and application for do the right synchronization between laptop, iPad and iPhone...I mean I want to change a contact in one device, and would like to have the same in automatic in the others 2.
Thank you. I found Mountain Lion several time in the apple store, but I don't know which one is the correct.

I'm slightly confused but I'll do my best here.

OSX Mountain Lion will only run on a MacBook laptop but if you have a MacBook it will need to be capable of running Mountain Lion (I.e. a suitably high spec).

It's really iTunes and/or iCloud which manages the sync as you want it so maybe if you tell us what you have currently we can advise further.

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to add fuel to the fire, Mountain Lion appears as an available purchase in the Mac App Store, even if your Mac already has it.

OP
samita

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm slightly confused but I'll do my best here.

OSX Mountain Lion will only run on a MacBook laptop but if you have a MacBook it will need to be capable of running Mountain Lion (I.e. a suitably high spec).

It's really iTunes and/or iCloud which manages the sync as you want it so maybe if you tell us what you have currently we can advise further.

The Archangel

Thank you, well I already have the Mac book pro, and I already made a backup of my info, to have more space available. I bought an extra 15 GB in ICloud, then i went to a Mac store to get an advice about it, and they told me, you need to install the mountain lion in order to have your stuff in the way that you want. Now the problem is that my contact list is different in all my devices, which are: the Mac book pro, my iCloud account, my iPad, and my iPhone, and lots of them are duplicated o triplicated. Besides that maybe, the notes, and some apps, are in the same way. I hope you understand my English, because Spanish is my first language. Thank you again.

OP
samita

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add fuel to the fire, Mountain Lion appears as an available purchase in the Mac App Store, even if your Mac already has it.

I don't understand, "fuel to the fire" I saw some options, but which one, should I choose?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally, if you already have an app installed, it will show up in the App Store as "Installed". Otherwise it will show up with the purchase price.

My MBP has Mountain Lion, but it shows up as a $19.99 purchase in the Mac App Store.

You need to check "About this Mac" in Finder to see which version you have. Off the top of my head Mountain Lion is 10.8.3.

If you have that, you have what you need.

OP
samita

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally, if you already have an app installed, it will show up in the App Store as "Installed". Otherwise it will show up with the purchase price.

My MBP has Mountain Lion, but it shows up as a $19.99 purchase in the Mac App Store.

You need to check "About this Mac" in Finder to see which version you have. Off the top of my head Mountain Lion is 10.8.3.

If you have that, you have what you need.

My OS X is 10.6.8, too Old right?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My OS X is 10.6.8, too Old right?

I've just come up with this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4405581?start=0&tstart=0

Snow Leopard has much reduced interactivity so yes, upgrading is the way to go. If I'm right, you won't have the Mac App Store on your MacBook so either you'll need a Mountain Lion Disk if you can go straight to Mountain Lion or you'll need to upgrade via Lion, let me go and look.

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think so, but Gabriel is the Mac expert. I just threw on the comment about the App Store because I believe he upgraded a Mac and may not have ever been able to see that Macs supplied with Mountain Lion (like mine was) still show it as a purchase.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My MacBook Pro has OS X Mountain Lion, version 10.8.3

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts