What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS7 problem logging into imessage or facetime

jackieburk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to fix my issues by doing a reset ((erase all content & settings ) and restoring to my backup. Big pain and very time consuming but it worked.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was able to fix my issues by doing a reset ((erase all content & settings ) and restoring to my backup. Big pain and very time consuming but it worked.

Unfortunately, sometimes that's what it takes. It's kind of like realizing that getting new furniture just isn't going to work. The room has to be emptied, painted, and have a new carpet fist. ;)

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll did the reset and restore everything works but will not log into the app or music store. What a POS did Apple even beta this or was the release the beta test?

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it sometimes takes twice but finally everything seems to work. Reset all again then App Store worked.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The apple servers are working overtime which is why authentication is taking time with millions upgrading to 7 plus 3 million phones sold every day it will take longer to activate some services. I just activated iradio today prior to that it was dead slow Talking about demand I am in Hong Kong and visited both Apple super stores here the line up was amazing what I found out the 5s is out selling the 5c and apple were activating hundreds of phones in store while customers waited.
9usejyra.jpg

I believe you will find accessing servers will ease over next week or so...so be patient. I would also try an alternative wifi connection from a free hot spot which may help. Cheers Colin

leehive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New here. I am having same problem with iPhone 5. My iPad seems to have done ok with io7 but cannot get iMessage/FaceTime to activate. Tells me to check my connection. Is the consensus to wait and let apple fix this mess or do full reset?

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to reset the thing and start over via backup.

epacor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem and tried the fixes suggested with no luck.
Can't find much help on the net.

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your going to have reset everything and start frm scratch or wait to see if a future patch will fix it. I believe it's a bad download of the operating system.

Most reactions

Latest posts