What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS7 problem logging into imessage or facetime

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed OS7 today looks great but it will not log into iMessage or FaceTime. Just keeps saying check network connection and try again?

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea tried that several times but no help. Even changed my password for Apple still no good. Any body got any ideal?

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck I'm thinking about downgrading this weekend. iMessage and FaceTime is now I keep in touch with my kids. I only have the IPad so it's important. Friend of mine upgraded his iPhone with no problem yesterday.

jackieburk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also upgraded my iPhone with no problem - I think that is the most frustrating part. My daughter & son-in-law also upgraded their iPads (same version as mine) with no problem!!

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried to reset the whole thing still no good! Spending the weekend downgrading via iTunes.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few things that had helped the Apple Community include these tips:
--going to your settings and resetting your date and time
--changing your wifi settings and chance the DNS to 8.8.8.8
--a RESTORE from iCloud backup.

These seems to be a known problem going on with iOS 7...so hopefully these two things will work.

Will post back if I find anything more.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Last edited:
OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried this and no change. Another question why does it keep saying go to ITunes for notification each time I open an application?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Today is the launch of the new iPhones. The iMessenger and FaceTime servers may be a bit overwhelmed by new device activations. I'd give it another try a couple times tomorrow if this is your only reason for downgrading.

I had no problem getting them to register on iOS 7 a couple of days ago, even though the upgrade servers were obviously being pushed to and past their limits.

Aboulela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have the same problem on my ipad but it was ok on my iphone , I tried all the above but it didn't work .

jackieburk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any luck? If you can't activate all of the options people keep talking about don't show up- HOW FRUSTRATING!!!

OP
rsstacey

rsstacey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck and I've tried everything but downgrading so that's next.

jackieburk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find anything that will let you downgrade - the blogs say you can't.

Most reactions

Latest posts