What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS6 is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize Apple has dropped Google Maps but their map program will not work. Also the App Store will not open. Did Apple have to drop YouTube? And where is Sirri on my IPad 2? OS6 is not ready for prime time.

OP
N

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NGC said:
I realize Apple has dropped Google Maps but their map program will not work. Also the App Store will not open. Did Apple have to drop YouTube? And where is Sirri on my IPad 2? OS6 is not ready for prime time.
Once I got the App Store to work my password will not work. I can't be the only one with these problems?

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press and hold the home button and then a dialog box appears. Then press the mic button and talk to Siri?

I've been having problems with search in the App Store but not with logging in. It's possible that Apple servers are overloaded due to demand for IOS6.

kaiser08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes ios6 has some problems. And Maps is no where near as good as the old one. Points of interest are not where they should be. And the detail is not as good as it used to be. It cannot find places. And if you leave the US and look for places in Canada it really falls down. I tried to find on maps some places in Ontario. And it did not list the roads. It used to name them now they at not even there Awful. Sorry I upgraded

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am moving this to the appropriate section.

Will move to ios 6.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I agree with you!

I am angry with ios 6!
If i could downgrade it theres no doubt that within seconds I would have downgraded it.
No youtube
Laggy appstore

I dont even know why people suggest the jasmine youtube app. It fails way too much. Youplayer is way better. I usually only use the safari youtube for checking my inbox.

The appstore ive heard from lots of people that its very laggy.
And how does ios 6 have over 200 new and amazing features??
More like over 200 boring and lost features.

It got rid of lots of my TREASURED photos
Lots of my videos too!!
Im so angry!!

I really don't see how this upgrade was helpful. At all.

cherryhesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you!

I am angry with ios 6!
If i could downgrade it theres no doubt that within seconds I would have downgraded it.
No youtube
Laggy appstore

I dont even know why people suggest the jasmine youtube app. It fails way too much. Youplayer is way better. I usually only use the safari youtube for checking my inbox.

The appstore ive heard from lots of people that its very laggy.
And how does ios 6 have over 200 new and amazing features??
More like over 200 boring and lost features.

It got rid of lots of my TREASURED photos
Lots of my videos too!!
Im so angry!!

I really don't see how this upgrade was helpful. At all.
Though I tend to agree with you about ios6 in general - you should have never lost photos. That can only be user error. I'm guessing you weren't backed up to iPhoto/iTunes. Right?

Reaction score
cherryhesh said:
Though I tend to agree with you about ios6 in general - you should have never lost photos. That can only be user error. I'm guessing you weren't backed up to iPhoto. Right?

I don't think I was backed up

Reaction score
cherryhesh said:
You need to plug your phone into iTunes once in a while and let it sync your phone to iTunes. This automatically does a backup of your Camera Roll.

Is it the same as the ipad2?

(Im using an ipad2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts