1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

OS4 Upgrade bricked my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by ruffdox, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ruffdox

ruffdox iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was upgrading my iPad to OS4 and I got an error message (1604) that said it couldn't continue. Then iTunes detected an iPad in recovery and wanted to do a system restore. The same error message came up. What to do? Is this happening to others? The iPad is not jailbroken.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. Rcairncross76

Rcairncross76 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If iTunes detectcts it then it is not bricked. Try downloading iOS 4.2 elsewhere, make shire you get the iPad version, then shift and click restore and locate the update you download. Although if you live ner an apple store your better off taking it in there for them to look at.
  3. ruffdox

ruffdox iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmmm... the second restore attempt worked and it installed OS4 and loaded my old data... is this normal?