What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

os 5 release date?

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
glad its not just me,everyone and his dog must be trying to get on

You just gotta keep clicking! Lol Works after a while... (and I do mean a WHILE)

<3Olivia Sent from my iPod Touch 4g

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You just gotta keep clicking! Lol Works after a while... (and I do mean a WHILE)

<3Olivia Sent from my iPod Touch 4g
yes i got into the store,i see iphone4 has come down in price already...........for you guys here in the uk the 4s is from £499,thats 8gb

Last edited:

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
12th October. Can't wait! Can't decide whether to make do with 5GB or just pay the 24.99 for the extra GB - I'll have to wait and see when it comes for UK. iTunes match that is!

Not quite up on all the upgrades for ios5 so what do you mean '"make do with 5gb or pay for extra"?

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
yes i got into the store,i see iphone4 has come down in price already...........for you guys here in the uk the 4s is from £499,thats 8gb

Waaaaaaaa! Serious money ! For 8gb. Was able to get onto Apple US or Apple .com to watch the lovely video on 4s and ios5 just great can spend the next week watching all the videos 

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Waaaaaaaa! Serious money ! For 8gb. Was able to get onto Apple US or Apple .com to watch the lovely video on 4s and ios5 just great can spend the next week watching all the videos 
To be honest I'm quite pleased with that,expected it to start at more like £600.......made a mistake there,it's 16gb,that's even better.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iCloud means that you can put all your iTunes purchases into the cloud for free and any other purchases up to 5GB. if you have more than that it will cost 24.99 a year. That's dollars so I expect it will be about £20 for us. Not sure but I'm sure someone will correct me!

It is just like Christmas!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iCloud means that you can put all your iTunes purchases into the cloud for free and any other purchases up to 5GB. if you have more than that it will cost 24.99 a year. That's dollars so I expect it will be about £20 for us. Not sure but I'm sure someone will correct me!

It is just like Christmas!
Yes that's what I said lol,woohoo

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 5, Odd "Discovery?"

OK, I'll admit it. I must have been asleep for months. I just received the Apple email they sent most users, and I decided to take a look. The new iPhone will arrive with iOS 5 and I read that iOS 5 allows you to send email with attachments. All kinds of attachments. The email was official Apple email.

Is this new? I seem to recall having issues when it comes to email attachments; no button in the stock iOS client. And I seem to recall people having issues and less than straight forward solutions like a little button marked 'attachments/attache file.'

Am I too sleepy or is this something new?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had not heard that. Did it say that specifically in the email from Apple?

Apps are basically "sandboxed" (and will be more so in the future) for security purposes. It seems likely that you'll still have to start with the app that has the file you want to email as you do now but I could be wrong...I haven't seen that email. Anyone else?

I kept a list of the main iOS 5 features and here are the updates for Mail:
  • Drag to rearrange recipients
  • Text formatting (bold, italic, underlined, indent)
  • Flag emails
  • Mark several emails as read at the same time
  • Add and delete mailbox folders
  • Search full message
  • Warning if you forget to add a subject
  • Easy Hotmail set up
  • Select tone for Email Sent in Settings app
  • Select tone for Email Received in Settings app

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had not heard that. Did it say that specifically in the email from Apple?

Apps are basically "sandboxed" (and will be more so in the future) for security purposes. It seems likely that you'll still have to start with the app that has the file you want to email as you do now but I could be wrong...I haven't seen that email. Anyone else?

I kept a list of the main iOS 5 features and here are the updates for Mail:
  • Drag to rearrange recipients
  • Text formatting (bold, italic, underlined, indent)
  • Flag emails
  • Mark several emails as read at the same time
  • Add and delete mailbox folders
  • Search full message
  • Warning if you forget to add a subject
  • Easy Hotmail set up
  • Select tone for Email Sent in Settings app
  • Select tone for Email Received in Settings app

The email was from Apple. Many here get them when they register purchases and such. Anyway, I followed the link to Apple.com, and found a page that said, plainly, that you could send attachments. When i read it, I was pleased and surprised because I follow the discussions here and elsewhere regarding sending attachments. I'll try to find a link.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The email was from Apple. Many here get them when they register purchases and such. Anyway, I followed the link to Apple.com, and found a page that said, plainly, that you could send attachments. When i read it, I was pleased and surprised because I follow the discussions here and elsewhere regarding sending attachments. I'll try to find a link.
Sounds great! Can you post the link to the webpage?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think my mom realizes her iPhone 4 is going to get the iOS 5 update, but she'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
I don't think my mom realizes her iPhone 4 is going to get the iOS 5 update, but she'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It will get iOS 5 and iOS 6 but by that time the features will be limited.

Most reactions