What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS 4.2 startup lockout. Need some advice

Aosi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my Ipad last night to OS 4.2 and now all it will do is show the initial startup screen from when I bought it. It shows the USB end of the connection wire with an arrow pointing to the iTunes symbol. When I connect my Ipad to a computer however it does not even register on the computer or the Ipad that it is connected. My version of iTunes is current and updated and I have tried it on the same 3 computers I've been connecting it to since I bought it. Anybody have any suggestions for me?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try putting it into DFU mode:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk[/ame]

Michael

OP
A

Aosi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to give that a shot, but it auto reboots while connected to my computer. I have had my volume on mute, I un-muted my computer and noticed that my Sony Vaio makes the disconnect noise when the Ipad is turned off, but when it turns itself on it plays the lower note of the connect noise three times in a row. Anybody know what that means?

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shot in the dark, try the new iTunes just released, today, a short while ago. Maybe there's more to the update than Apple will admit. Did I just say that Apple wouldn't admit to a problem, shame on me.:)

Most reactions