OS 10.3.3 Update

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Nael, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Nael

Nael
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why does my Ipad4 state that my software is upto date as IOS 10.3.3, when my wife's iPad has updated to IOS 11.0.2. I don't have the option to update?

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The iPad 4 is not compatible with iOS 11, it doesn’t get the update.

Your wife’s iPad seems to be a different device: iPad Air, or iPad Pro. Those are able to update to iOS 11.

3. Nael

Nael
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you,...presumably I will get no more updates in the future?

If I were to purchase a new iPad,could I have two iPads available, the old with with its current apps/photos and the new with future apps/photos and also becoming my email device,using my existing Apple ID/Access on both devices.

Would I be able to connect either device to my iMac?

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, that’s possible. iTunes can handle more than one iDevice.

Apple might release a security update for this generation of iPads later on, if necessary. That happened once before, for devices running iOS 6, and not compatible with iOS 7.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Jupiter7

Jupiter7
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Yes to all your questions! I kept my iPad 2 when I bought an iPad Air 2. They, together with my iPhone, all work happily with my MacBook.

6. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    @ Nael - of course, the other option if you really do not need to have 2 iPads to track is to simply make a backup (iTunes and/or iCloud) of your old iPad and then do a restoration to the new one (get enough storage on the new device) - I did the same as Jupiter., i.e. went from an iPad 2 to an Air 2 but I restored to the new device, and reset and sold the old one online - did not feel the need to have both, but a personal decision. Dave :)

P.S. I'll probably purchase a new iPad Pro for the holidays which will replace my Air 2 and will do the same, i.e. sell the old one online.