What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oringal IPAD Printing

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the first generation IPAD with the first original OS. Have not bothered to upgrade. I would like to be able to print remotely. I will buy a Airprint printer but would like to know how to update my current IPAD to achieve this. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
06Honda said:
I use the first generation IPAD with the first original OS. Have not bothered to upgrade. I would like to be able to print remotely. I will buy a Airprint printer but would like to know how to update my current IPAD to achieve this. Thanks for any help.

To update your iPad, you simply connect it to your desktop, open iTunes, select iPad from the left menu and than click on update.

Nothing fancy, the whole process is straightforward. iTunes may even be so kind to ask, whether you want to update, when you connect the iPad,

But as you correctly identified, is an iOS update definitely necessary to support the AirPrinting.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Print n Share and Print Central Pro are two fairly highly regarded apps that allow you to print wirelessly even if you do not have an AirPrint supported printer or even a WiFi printer. Take a look at them in the App Store and take note of the reviews as they may very well satisfy your needs. I have the smaller Print n Share which is a Universal app and it is solid. Good Luck!

Reaction score
info said:
Print n Share and Print Central Pro are two fairly highly regarded apps that allow you to print wirelessly even if you do not have an AirPrint supported printer or even a WiFi printer. Take a look at them in the App Store and take note of the reviews as they may very well satisfy your needs. I have the smaller Print n Share which is a Universal app and it is solid. Good Luck!

It is worth noting, that Print Central does not support AirPrinting anymore. It can still print to the printer over wifi, but the printing does no longer work from the apps directly, the document needs to be imported into Print Central first. This feature got removed due to Apple regulations, but is still available with Print'n'share, as of version 4.4.1.

Since printing from apps directly was the main reason for me buying a printing app is print'n'share the only app I would advise people to buy.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It is worth noting, that Print Central does not support AirPrinting anymore. It can still print to the printer over wifi, but the printing does no longer work from the apps directly, the document needs to be imported into Print Central first. This feature got removed due to Apple regulations, but is still available with Print'n'share, as of version 4.4.1.

Since printing from apps directly was the main reason for me buying a printing app is print'n'share the only app I would advise people to buy.

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that the regulations had affected Print Central. That's too bad.

Most reactions

Latest posts