1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Original Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by bigjosepi, Dec 12, 2012.

1. bigjosepi

bigjosepi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So today I bought myself a Original Ipad which I like but my main question was getting the first gen worth it? I bought it mainly for college use such as Online textbooks, web browsing, games, music, and note taking. I was thinking maybe using this for a while then selling and getting a second gen.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,032 / 1
    The original ipad should do all right as a book reader for your college textbooks. Web browsing will be a little slower, with more frequent crashes as the result of having only 254MB of RAM.
    A newer iPad model will be faster and more able to handle the increased demands placed on RAM by newer apps and websites.
  3. bigjosepi

bigjosepi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well that's good to hear cause that's probably the main use for texts but do you think it could last me a year then trade up for iPad 2 or 3
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,032 / 1
    If you work within its limitations. It may have trouble running some of the newer apps, and anything requiring iOS 6 won't run at all. As a book reader, however, it should do quite well.