What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original iPad owner joining...

Kayandjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the 12th iPad 1 sold in Ann Arbor, MI back in spring of 2010. It is now over 3 years old and I still use it. I have not updated by buying the iPad 2 (well, actually I bought two, but as gifts for others), or the iPad 3 (well I bought one for a gift for another), the iPad 4 (really no). I did just purchase an iPad Mini with 4G LTE and Product Red case, which I love, but it will never replace my Original iPad.

One reason I so like the iPad 1 (in addition to the sturdiness mentioned by others) is the Apple keyboard dock, which only fits it (not the more recent iPads). It is no longer offered by Apple, but it gives you the great Apple keyboard and a mount to hold the iPad handy as a touch screen display. Other iPads are too thin for its connection.

(I tried to post a picture of this great keyboard dock, but the forum software says I cannot post links or images until I have over 3 posts... seems counter to the idea of minimizing post count while maximizing info content! Do a search for Apple iPad keyboard dock to find a picture).

Next iPad will be the iPad 5, as I do like the Retina display and will like its purported 25% lighter, 15% thinner than the iPad 3/4.

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased the 12th iPad 1 sold in Ann Arbor, MI back in spring of 2010. It is now over 3 years old and I still use it. I have not updated by buying the iPad 2 (well, actually I bought two, but as gifts for others), or the iPad 3 (well I bought one for a gift for another), the iPad 4 (really no). I did just purchase an iPad Mini with 4G LTE and Product Red case, which I love, but it will never replace my Original iPad.

One reason I so like the iPad 1 (in addition to the sturdiness mentioned by others) is the Apple keyboard dock, which only fits it (not the more recent iPads). It is no longer offered by Apple, but it gives you the great Apple keyboard and a mount to hold the iPad handy as a touch screen display. Other iPads are too thin for its connection.

(I tried to post a picture of this great keyboard dock, but the forum software says I cannot post links or images until I have over 3 posts... seems counter to the idea of minimizing post count while maximizing info content! Do a search for Apple iPad keyboard dock to find a picture).

Next iPad will be the iPad 5, as I do like the Retina display and will like its purported 25% lighter, 15% thinner than the iPad 3/4.

Welcome to the Forum, looking forward to seeing a couple of pictures of #12 :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums Kayandjohn, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 292,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and congrats on the Mini! Great to see you enjoying your original iPad still :)...

Most reactions

Latest posts