What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organization app for teacher

arianeheinz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a secondary physics teacher and I'm looking for an app that would allow me to take notes about my students' performance. I use my own rubrics to assess different skills (collaboration, leadership, lab skills,...), but i also like to add short comments. I would also like the app to enable me to send feedback to students easily. I heard about apps like TeacherKit, Teacher's Assistant, Teacher Notes, but haven't tried any of them yet (it takes me quite long...) Thanks for your help!

mikefield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I recently did an iPad Workshop through the Principal Center, and the presenter was someone called David Lowe. He is a teacher, as well as an app developer. The app he came up with is called Confer. Basically, it allows a teacher to develop a bank of observation comments, and then assign these anecdotal comments to individual students. It's ideal for individual or small group work assessment. Although it was designed for guided reading groups for Primary Grades, I plan to use it for my middle school math classes this year. It's somewhat expensive, but I think it might be the best formative assessment app out there. Generally, I find this area quite undeveloped for applications.

Most reactions