What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organising application icons on screen

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it must be simple as my 3 year old has somehow managed to do this by accident but I want to put my applications, such as all the kids games I've downloaded into a separate file icon. Looked everywhere for how to do but not been able to find yet, anyone help please, many thanks, patsy

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
patsy1000 said:
I know it must be simple as my 3 year old has somehow managed to do this by accident but I want to put my applications, such as all the kids games I've downloaded into a separate file icon. Looked everywhere for how to do but not been able to find yet, anyone help please, many thanks, patsy

Press and hold an icon (shortcut) until it starts wobbling then drag it over the top of another icon, this will make it create a folder which you can rename and then just drag all the icons into the folder :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I was a bit confused so had to go and look......I get easily confused.....

The Archangel

Confused dot com hehehe

It comes to us all eventually :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
patsy1000

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant, so that's how the 3year o,d keeps doing it. I find my icons all over the place. Thanks for your help, this iPad forum really is the bees knees!! Patsy

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at some of the things that can happen when small children interact with iPads. Check out threads along the lines of "My kid set (and forgot) a new password. What can I do?" or "My screen is shattered after the kid sat on it. Will Apple replace it? (The iPad, not the kid.)"

Alright, I'm joking, but it's amazing to watch the way quite young children find iOS so intuitive. While adults are scratching their heads wondering how to achieve something, kids are busy doing it.

OP
patsy1000

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
You'd be surprised at some of the things that can happen when small children interact with iPads. Check out threads along the lines of "My kid set (and forgot) a new password. What can I do?" or "My screen is shattered after the kid sat on it. Will Apple replace it? (The iPad, not the kid.)"

Alright, I'm joking, but it's amazing to watch the way quite young children find iOS so intuitive. While adults are scratching their heads wondering how to achieve something, kids are busy doing it.

So true! Me and husband now have one each and now there's no fighting with the kids when they want to play games! I'm paranoid about them getting broken though! Been very careful so far!

Most reactions

Latest posts