What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering Through Apple Online

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is everyone that has ordered an iPad 2 from Apple online getting the March 18-March 25 delivery date? I have to admit that was pretty disappointing to see! Only one store anywhere near me that may have them, and when I called them last night they had no idea what I was talking about. Wal-Mart of course! I will probably go today and check myself, if they have them, and cancel the Apple online order.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is everyone that has ordered an iPad 2 from Apple online getting the March 18-March 25 delivery date? I have to admit that was pretty disappointing to see! Only one store anywhere near me that may have them, and when I called them last night they had no idea what I was talking about. Wal-Mart of course! I will probably go today and check myself, if they have them, and cancel the Apple online order.

We have been sitting on the order page for 15 minutes now waiting for the order to go through (not wanting to hit refresh) so how fast did yours go through?

OP
C

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine went through instantly. I logged on at 3 central time, and my order confirmation has the time listed as 3:03.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine went through instantly. I logged on at 3 central time, and my order confirmation has the time listed as 3:03.

Finally got our order confirmation, and it was still sitting there so the session timed out but the order was placed. Took about 19 minutes, but we did ours at 4:40 central.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
right away at 6:40 am est. 3-22 to 3-29 delivery for mine and I see they cheapened up shipping to standard instead of 2nd day as in past.

OP
C

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decided to check my order for some strange reason and see that my cover and AV Adapter already say Prepared for Shipment! They could have kept those for a while and sent me the iPad sooner instead ;)

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My shipping said 18-25. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. This is my first iPad. I got the 64 gig since I really dont plan on getting the iPad 3.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered right at 4am EST, got the 18-25 delivery estimate as well for a black 32 gb wifi model, 15-18th for the smart cover.

Last edited:

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delivery

Oops your right I got the same dates just checked my email

catchmeblue70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They actually went on sale before they were supposed to. My order time is 12:54am PST yet it still says delivers March 18-25. I'm planning on checking the stores this afternoon to see if I can find one. As long as my order says "Not Yet Shipped" I can cancel it.

samoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered at 4:03 am eastern time and it said between March 18-25 also. It went through instantly and I also got mines engraved:)

catalia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NOT happy with Apple!

Okay, not happy with Apple right now....how can you not start shipping for 3 to 5 business days at the beginning of launch day? That's crazy! I got up early and ordered as soon as they became available on-line and it still said the shipping date was 3 to 5 business days and arrival slated between March 18-25th. It only took 3 hours for Apple to begin pushing the ship date back to 2 to 3 weeks. To me, this says Apple hyped it all up and didn't prepare by having enough on-hand at launch....this must be why they didn't allow pre-orders. Way to go Apple...get us all excited only to have to wait even longer!!!!

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered at 5 am EST, got a 3/18-3/25 delivery date but no email confirmation at this time. I'm leaving 3/17 for a road trip and if it's not in my hands by then, will buy one in Chicago since the purchase was made this morning to use on that road trip. Was disappointed that I could not pay for next day shipping at checkout. Will have the other one sent back if that actually happens. Apple says you can return within 14 days if package unopened. It won't be opened if it arrives after I leave.

Crow331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is everyone getting their delivery date estimates? In email? I'm looking at my order page and it just says 2-3 weeks. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I'll wait 2 weeks, but not 3 you bastids!

I will try my luck later tonight at Best Buy and hope I can get one there and then cancel this one. Unless anyone knows of a store that has them this morning, I'll go down right now!

My favorite part is where it says my ipad cover and av adapter ship in 1-2 days .... Hey Apple, what good does that do me without the IPAD?????

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts