ordered today....wow april 23rd

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by desflurane, Mar 16, 2011.

1. desflurane

desflurane iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yup broke down and purchased my first Ipad. Online purchase, apple states it will be in my hands April 23rd........ouch

2. hoshnasi

hoshnasi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude... That is a day before my birthday. I planned on getting an iPad2 now for my birthday.

Wow, this sucks.

3. Jvette

Jvette iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I ordered on the 11th at 12:45am pst and mine just went to Prepared For Shipping tonight and it still hasn't shipped. This has been crazy with how long it is taking to get one. Good luck.

4. smilepak

smilepak iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I called several Bestbuy and they are experience crazy delay. They already have orders to be filled once the shipment arrives. However, given the numbers of pre-order, they said they doubt they'll have any for the store shelves for another 8 weeks. As of right now, all pre-order ain't going to be fill at the earliest another 4-6 weeks due to major delay in productions.

5. Rlarson_mn

Rlarson_mn iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apple was totally unprepared for this type of response. Interesting stats that 70% of ipad2 buyers are first time purchases! Not sure how Android tablets will be able to respond to this.

6. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    And the Xoom was the CES product of the year winner even, but look how the iPad 2 is selling out. I think we all knew it would. And don't forget, people are also choosing to buy the iPad 1 at reduced prices, used or on refurb, clearance, etc as well even in place of the Xoom. (for that matter, some are going with iPad 1 over 2 as well or like me, just sticking with my 1)

Sent from my iPad using iPF