Ordered Refurbished iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by Maddawg46, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Maddawg46

Maddawg46
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I currently own a first Gen IPad. It's just has to be replaced because it has "nervous breakdowns". So I just ordered a refurbished 64 gig Air. Being in the electronics field when I was working, I know that refurbed units have a whole bunch of testing that the new ones don't get. They are actually more reliable units. They have already passed the infant mortaliy period. I hoped I will love the faster new iPad Air.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Besides being thoroughly checked out and supplied with a new battery and case, they also have the same warranty as a brand new iPad. I'm sure you'll enjoy your iPad Air, it's light years ahead of the iPad 1 in performance.

3. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hi, plz tell me I also check refurbished Apple items. Did these refurbished Available in USA or also in other countries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    They are availble in other countries as well. I know from the Austrian Online Apple Store, that it's possible to get them here too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Tkz.

6. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My pleasure. :)

7. Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I ordered my Air from someone on Amazon. It was said to be for Verizon, but when I received it in the mail it had AT&T listed in settings. Little did I know , the guy I bought it from was told by Amazon to please put a SIM card in it when selling it (why I don't know) well he put an AT&T SIM card in it. When I got it I was baffled, I didn't realize how easy it was to just get a new SIM card put in it from Verizon. Now it works great with Verizon's service. I'm so confused about mobile carriers on the iPads. Seems like having to state your carrier when buying one is not necessary if all it is, is the SIM card that's in it?

8. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hello , please tell me if I ask my friend who is in USA to buy iPhone 5 16gb. I also don't give him trouble for go for shopping. It is possible that he give order from home and also get discount. So I will get discount.

#8 jaba123, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    With the iPad 4 and earlier you needed to state your carrier. The iPad's hardware supported either CDMA (Verizon) or GSM (AT&T, and most other carriers). With the iPad Air the hardware became capable of supporting almost all carriers in most countries.

So for recent models, yes, changing the SIM is all you need to do to change carriers.

Well, there is the issue of carrier locking, but you normally only run into this with phones. Most iPad's come unlocked. And even if you are locked, as long as your device is not on contract you have the right to have it unlocked.

10. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    And my solution.