Orange edge

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by snavennyl, Sep 1, 2011.

1. snavennyl

snavennyl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, my name is snavennyl, but I go by Snave. I purchased an IPAD last February, with full warranty. I live in Miami, Fl. While traveling this summer, we crossed over into Canada and I had a weird thing start to happen. All of my colors were distorted and I had a vivid orange border all around the border of the screen. Well, we went to Canada and did touristy stuff. I figured that I would have to wait until we returned tot the US for a repair site, then a few days later, while in upstate NY, I noticed that the orange was gone. So, my original thought was that the orange was a warning of sorts, like of roaming costs or something. That was July. Two days ago, my IPAD slid slowly off of the couch and landed on the floor. Now, I have the orange border back again and my colors are again distorted if I watch a hulu program or even try to look at pictures, like on FB. I now assume that the original problem was not Canada's "fault", but rather my IPAD getting bumped around in my backpack.
    So, now this weekend, I plan on seeking help from an apple dealer, but wanted to know if anyone has had this happen, or knows the "cure" for this? Looking forward to learning a lot from this app. I already am. Excited about trading my original in for an IPAD 2. I am a HS teacher and I knowmthere are apps which work on the newer pad that would allow me to hook up to a proxima projector to show things during lessons. I am actually excited to be able to do that... Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions, y'all might have!
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I don't think Apple will replace an iPad 1 with an iPad 2, if that's what you're hoping.
  3. petedod74

petedod74 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you get it fixed? Mine sounds like it is doing something very similar