1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Oprah’s O Magazine for iPad Released to App Store

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M6mMmAhbh8[/ame]​

The much-heralded launch of the special iPad edition of Oprah’s “O†magazine has arrived in the app store, and Mashable has taken a hands-on tour of the app that shows what you can expect to find inside. Even if you’re not interested in Oprah’s magazine, it’s a fascinating look at the potential of digital magazines when done right, and this really does look as though it has been done right by Scrollmotion, who adapted the magazine for iPad for Hearst Communications. As Mashable points out, as gorgeous as the app looks, it’s the commercial potential provided by the interactivity of the holiday gift guide section of the app that could prove to be most exciting for advertisers and customers alike. Many of the 70-plus items featured in the gift guide can be bought in-app, and so can many of the books featured in the magazine, and we all know how Oprah’s book club revolutionised the publishing industry.

Another interesting point is that if you want to buy O, The Oprah Magazine outside of the States, it can be quite expensive, so the fact that you can get it for just £2.39 in the UK, for example, much cheaper than the newsstand price, makes sound business sense. Expect this one to sell like crazy all over the world!

You can download O, The Oprah Magazine here for $3.99/£2.39.

Source: Mashable
  2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    Is it a one time app fee of $3.99? Because her mag comes out monthly....
  3. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    I think it's per issue of the mag.
  4. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Oh man, I know I'm a man because I'm only slightly less excited about Opra for iPad as I am about the Beatles on iTunes. :D
  5. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    They are so not the same! lol!