What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oprah Reveals her Favourite iPad Apps

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
oprah-fave-apps.JPG
[/url][/img]​

Oprah must be one of the most influential broadcasters on the planet: one word of recommendation from her about a certain book or product, and said product is virtually guaranteed to sell like molten hot cakes. Now, AdvertisingAge reports, she’s gone and named her favourite iPad apps, much to the delight of Apple! Speaking at the American Magazine Conference in Chicago today, Oprah said that the iPad helped her to keep up to date on breaking news, naming the CNN app and the ABC News app as two of her favourite news sources. She also said that when she feels creative, she likes Brushes and Sketchbook, and she credits Scrabble with changing her workouts, saying that it keeps her mind off the treadmill. “I can play Scrabble and listen to Bruce Springsteen all at once,†she told the conference.

Meanwhile, the much-vaunted app for Oprah’s own O magazine has still to launch, but O Editor Susan Casey confirmed at the conference that it will be released on November 16th.

Source: AdvertisingAge

Ellie2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol @ RoadPilot :D

um.. and oprah got it for free and is promoting iPad, maybe.. :D

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, what a bunch of meanies.

I care.

A little. :)

I hadn't thought of searching for Scrabble in the App Store, but now I will.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like Apple is covering all the bases! First its Rush Limbaugh and now Oprah!

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would imagine Oprah would be trying to raise the profle of Ipad in order to make money out of it somehow. Perhaps an Ipad Oprah app? Perhaps her caple net streamed to ipad for a fee? After all she needs something to pay for another holiday home of apartment in the sky or car. I'm afraid I couldn't care less what she recommends. She has recommended weight loss books and plans and what have you. They didn't help her much and nor did they help me much. I did it on my own. And, that's the way I would chose Ipad apps as well. This is a great forum to ask such things, not some shonky talk show host.

Most reactions

Latest posts