What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oprah Calls the iPad “The Best Invention of the Century So Farâ€

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Oprah had her Ultimate Favourite Things show this week, and once again showered praise on the iPad, saying “Words cannot describe what I feel for this magnificent device. I really think it’s the best invention of the century so far. Thanks to my iPad, I now read about four newspapers a day.†Oprah added that she also uses her iPad to keep a journal and watch movies, TV shows and the news, and that she loves writing on it so much that she even turns in her column for O magazine early now. As part of the Favourite Things show, Oprah gave away an iPad to every audience member, and AppleInsider reports that she even went as far as to say that the iPad is her “No. 1 favourite thing ever.†She even lowered one from the ceiling with angel’s wings fixed to it (does that make it a Fly-By-Wire iPad rather than a Wi-Fi iPad?!), and danced around it as the audience screamed excitedly. Wow, and I thought I really loved my iPad!

Sources: AppleInsider | Oprah declares Apple's iPad her 'favorite thing ever,' gives away 275,
iPad by Apple - Oprah.com

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Might just be arguable if it means a major shift in computing and the way we interact with them. Mainframe, desktop and now genuinely portable. Frankly not before time.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, I agree with Oprah on one thing in the world. Ok, who am I kidding, I've never watched Oprah once in my life. :D

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey i like watching Oprah show ..i love the one where she went camping with her friend and the aftermath of them trying to camp was pretty funny ..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would agree. Tho the iPhone did come out first, so think iPad would be #2.

Clemdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried to view the Oprah "My Favorite Things" episode from HuluPlus only to find out it's "web only" and can't be viewed on the iPad.

Seems ironic don't you think?

Most reactions