What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OPlayerHD Folders Query

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone point me to a tutorial, or explain, how to move a group of mp3s which make up an audiobook into a newly created folder with the books name, in OPlayerHD. The facilities all exist but I cannot find instructions on the sequence required. TIA

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made a little pictorial tutorial :))). See if this helps:

You probably already know this part, but just in case - to make a folder [playlist]:

vege2ydu.jpg

8ytega8a.jpg

yqe4ezar.jpg

Then, once the folder(s) are made, here's how to add MP3s to them:

ge3uqyre.jpg

patyrapu.jpg

sy3uhe2y.jpg

va8areju.jpg

Hope this helps.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
K

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankyou heaps Marilyn. But you lost me at (6) as I do not understand your reference to 'the "inbox" line'. Can I suggest an alternative scenario that I actually have. I have created a new Folder using the icons at the bottom of the right pane. I have several .mp3 files of an audiobook in the right pane. So with File Servers and My Documents selected in the left pane, in the right pane I can see the new folder and the .mp3 files of my book. Using the icons at the bottom of the right pane, how do I move my .mp3 files into the new folder?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thankyou heaps Marilyn. But you lost me at (6) as I do not understand your reference to 'the "inbox" line'. Can I suggest an alternative scenario that I actually have. I have created a new Folder using the icons at the bottom of the right pane. I have several .mp3 files of an audiobook in the right pane. So with File Servers and My Documents selected in the left pane, in the right pane I can see the new folder and the .mp3 files of my book. Using the icons at the bottom of the right pane, how do I move my .mp3 files into the new folder?

I can't "see" what you are describing (I don't see "File Servers"). Could you please post a screenshot of what you describe? Then, maybe we can get on the same page.

Oh, and what I meant by #6 was that after you tapped the "My Documents" line, another line titled "Inbox" would appear - I meant for you to tap on this line. I wrote my directions assuming the MP3 files were in the OPlayer HD Inbox (and physically on the ipad).

Marilyn

OP
K

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. I will describe what the iPad is displaying, at the top of the left pane is a + on the left, the text 'File Servers' in the top center, and 'Edit' on top right of the left pane. In the right pane there is an Edit button at top right, and below that is a menu bar containing, Name, Date, Size, Kind, and a search window at the right. Below that in the right pane is a list of contents. First in the list is the name of the new folder that I have created. Below that is a list of the 5 mp3 files that I want to move into the newly created folder. I assume that this should be done using the icons that are displayed at the bottom of the right pane when I select the Edit button at the top right of the right pane. I must research how to take a screenshot of what I have just described, and how to post it in this forum in a message, as you have done. I hope that this enables you to continue with your help, which I really appreciate.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See your picture I edited:

na3uta4y.jpg

Hopefully, it'll be the same process I described above. Selecting one or more MP3s, then pressing that one button should provide you an opportunity to select which folder they go in.

Now, from playing with this app - I'm beginning to think this is like the Photos app. The files aren't actually moving from their original location; you are cresting links to them. So, nothing will appear to have happened, but the files should play just fine from within their assigned folder (or from their original location ... whichever). Again, just like how the Photos app creates "pseudo" albums with links.

This work?

Marilyn

OP
K

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn you are being a great help. Your instructions above enabled me to create a Playlist and then by executing (1) and (2) the selected files were COPIED, or links to the files were added, to the Playlist that I had created and selected. I am thrilled with this progress. However, instead of doing this, there is a way of MOVING the selected files to the newly created Folder - Book Folder 1 in my screenshot above. I was able to accomplish this once in playing around but have not been able to recall or repeat the process. If you can accomplish this I will be ecstatic if you can tell me how. But regardless, mucho gracious for help so far.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad I could help ... even though it's not exactly what you are looking for. :)

I had another look and I can't figure out how to actually move the files versus creating links. No go. In fact, when I put some MP3s into a folder, I deleted them from their original location - and proved that the app is creating a link. After I deleted the "originals," the songs in the folder would not work/play.

So, I don't have any more suggestions. Other than, if you do figure out how to actually move a file - please post back. I'd be interested in knowing...

Marilyn

OP
K

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn for your patience and your efforts which have been helpful regarding playlists. I have just had the following reply from OLIMSOFT which seems to work for me. I will be interested in whether it seems fine for you as well. 1) Click edit, then select files, click cut. 2) Select destination folder, click edit, then click paste. Tomorrow - The World!!!

Most reactions