What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opens to blurry lock screen

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad will not start anymore. I was using it and the screen went gray. When I switched the power button a blurred version of my lock and home screen appeared but no other icons/bars/battery percentage, wi fi info etc appears. Therefore I am unable to slide to open or get it to do anything. I have reset several times and used the "plug usb while holding home button" method to no avail. I-tunes recognises the ipad and appears to sync and update. When I select restore it asks me to uncheck "find my ipad on my device" but of course I can't do this as my device wont work. My ipad is version 3 and nearly 3 years old.Would really appreciate help. Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can still back up your iPad, do so, then follow these directions to turn off Find My iPhone and restore.

If you turn off your iPad, you should be able to log into your account on icloud.com on your computer and turn off Find My iPhone for your iPad from there. Once you've done that, you can try the restore in iTunes.

OP
lhm16

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can still back up your iPad, do so, then follow these directions to turn off Find My iPhone and restore.

If you turn off your iPad, you should be able to log into your account on icloud.com on your computer and turn off Find My iPhone for your iPad from there. Once you've done that, you can try the restore in iTunes.

Thanks for the advice. I am a bit of a newbie, I logged into iCloud okay but when I select Settings it does not give me the option to change anything? Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't go into settings after you log into iCloud, you click on Find My iPhone. On the next page, click on all devices at the top of the page, then select your iPad, which should have been turned off and be offline, from the list and click on remove from account. You should now be able to restore your iPad through iTunes.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
lhm16

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't go into settings after you log into iCloud, you click on Find My iPhone. On the next page, click on all devices at the top of the page, then select your iPad, which should have been turned off and be offline, from the list and click on remove from account.View attachment 62884View attachment 62886View attachment 62887View attachment 62888
Thanks again. I followed the steps and was able to restore however, the problem seems to be a hugely magnified screen. I can sometimes flick and get glimpses of icons etc, but unable to get anything working. I really appreciate the time you are giving me.

OP
lhm16

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again. I followed the steps and was able to restore however, the problem seems to be a hugely magnified screen. I can sometimes flick and get glimpses of icons etc, but unable to get anything working. I really appreciate the time you are giving me.
Miracle,. It just started working fine. Once again this forum has solved my problem. You are a genius.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Zoom is enabled on your device.

Go to Settings - General - Accessibility - Zoom and make sure it's turned off. In Accessibility, scroll down to Accessibility Shortcut and disable this as well, if it's enabled.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Miracle,. It just started working fine. Once again this forum has solved my problem. You are a genius.
I'm glad we could help. That's what we're here for, to help our fellow members. Thanks for letting us know our advice helped, it may help someone else with the same problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts