What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening 'Word' docs on my iPad?

Ashley_1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What software do I need to download to be able to open and amend Word docs on my iPad?

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ashley and welcome to the forum - :)

There are certainly several options for your need - for starters you might want to checkout THIS OFFICE APPS COMPARISON thread.

For myself I use Apple's Pages (which is discussed in the thread and likely others if you do a search) - this is part of their 3-part suite (i.e. Pages = Word; Numbers = Excel; and Keynote = PowerPoint); each is $10 in the App Store; these are not as powerful as their MS equivalents so limitations do exist (such as font selection).

Of course, you need to also consider 'how to' transfer your files from your computer to & from the iPad - these various apps have different options. Good luck in your selection (s)!

Most reactions