1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Opening 'Word' docs on my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Ashley_1, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Ashley_1

Ashley_1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What software do I need to download to be able to open and amend Word docs on my iPad?

Thanks
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +763 / 0
    Hi Ashley and welcome to the forum - :)

There are certainly several options for your need - for starters you might want to checkout THIS OFFICE APPS COMPARISON thread.

For myself I use Apple's Pages (which is discussed in the thread and likely others if you do a search) - this is part of their 3-part suite (i.e. Pages = Word; Numbers = Excel; and Keynote = PowerPoint); each is $10 in the App Store; these are not as powerful as their MS equivalents so limitations do exist (such as font selection).

Of course, you need to also consider 'how to' transfer your files from your computer to & from the iPad - these various apps have different options. Good luck in your selection (s)!