What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

opening share Exchange mailboxes with iPad

jason1972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

unusual issue i have found.

I can configure an exchange account and that works fine but i want to be able to sync an exchange 'shared' mailbox whereby i have full mailbox rights to with the same domain account i use to open up my own exchange mailbox.

Hopefully you folllow so far....

When i try to configure the shared mailbox with no other exchange account configured on the ipad i get exchange account unable to verify account information

if i already have my exchange mailbox that i own setup and then try and add the shared i get an error - exchange mailbox already exists.

Shared mailboxes have the AD account disabled because people open the shared mailboxes with their own ad accounts that have full rights to the shared.

Work around is to enable the shared mailbox and use the AD account that is associated to the shared mailbox but this is outside our security policy on shared mailboxes.

Hopefully ive come to the right place for some answers.

thanks
jason

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe send a PM to the original poster and see if he found a solution. He might miss this.

Tim
Scotland

roandr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would but there is a restriction (anti spam thingy I assume) preventing me to do this until I've posted 6 times. I could post 6 times in this thread but I've not read the forum policy yet so I'll hold off on that until I get the time to do at (would hate to get banned if the solution shows up).

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have the same problem. I don't know how to fix it and for what it is worth my IT guys don't either. They keep blaming it on the new server, some restriction or something . This doesn't help you much....sorry but interested if you have a solution....would love to teach the propeller heads a thing or two!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would but there is a restriction (anti spam thingy I assume) preventing me to do this until I've posted 6 times. I could post 6 times in this thread but I've not read the forum policy yet so I'll hold off on that until I get the time to do at (would hate to get banned if the solution shows up).

OK - yes, I apologise - I should have seen that.

I'll PM the original poster myself.

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Could OP even reply to a PM with having only one post?

My own knowledge of Exchange Servers is probably lower then everyone else's, so this suggestion may be completely off target, but what I have found is that Exchange email's only work properly when connected to the corresponding wifi network.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could OP even reply to a PM with having only one post?

My own knowledge of Exchange Servers is probably lower then everyone else's, so this suggestion may be completely off target, but what I have found is that Exchange email's only work properly when connected to the corresponding wifi network.

No - he can't reply, but I told him this thread was active again and asked him to look at it and post there if he had any help he could offer. I sent him a link to the thread too in case he had trouble locating it.

Thanks, though - good point.

Tim
Scotland

roandr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Tim!

Hopefully the original poster figured it out though I doubt there is an easy way of doing this since the iPads built in mail application have a few automated processes that gets "in the way" so to speak. A way to turn of the programs insistance on pulling the mailbox settings from active directory would probably help.

DontUnderstandMyIpad, I am not sure I follow you on the WiFi thingy. I am syncing mail, contacts and calendar to my iPad, iPhone and several different email clients on different networks. It works flawlessly from all WiFi AP I've used (or 3G/HDSPA for that matter). The only thing I'm having difficulties with is a bad configuration on the Exchange server regarding downloading offline adress books. Your probably talking about something else though.

8nobody8, I am actually one of those "propeller heads" myself :). I like the expression.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
roandr said:
8nobody8, I am actually one of those "propeller heads" myself :). I like the expression.

Lol. It is said with much fondness. If I could choose a career over again I would choose "IT". I spend all my spare time with people like yourself so I can learn stuff. I love technology !

Most reactions